Board logo

Made it :-)
zilspeed - 22/2/05 at 10:06 PM

Well, that was an interesting day.

Left home at 7.00

Glasgow Airport for 8.00ish
Flight left at 9.30
Got to Bristol airport for 10.35
Train from Bristol Temple Meads to Didcot.
Left Didcot at 2.15pm.
Arrived home - 8.45pm
Just shy of 400 miles up the road.

The GTM drives like a dream, nothing fell off, didn't overheat, didn't go on fire.

The only thing was - we had to turn the heater down as it got a bit warm in there...

Car came with all paperwork from the original order from.

Only thing is, it needs a wash now. It looks like it's just done the Le Mans 24hrs

Away for a bit of a kip now. It's been a long day. Rescued attachment IM000149.JPG
Rescued attachment IM000149.JPG

stephen_gusterson - 22/2/05 at 10:10 PM

well done. nowt like a bit of adventure! i was gonna go from northampton to sunderland to buy a car but the wife persuaded me otherwise. shame really - would hav ebeen beter than the car i bought locally!

enjoy

atb

steve

Danozeman - 22/2/05 at 10:11 PM

Sounds like you had a successful trip mate. I like thems cars. Theres a bloke that used to have one around here..
I like road trips after cars.. Me and me father inlaw nearly went from stowmarket suffolk to the arse end of cornwall for a car. Nice black merc 560 with knackered rear suspension would have been a tad bumpy driving the 700 miles home!!

[Edited on 22/2/05 by Danozeman]

colibriman - 22/2/05 at 10:40 PM

well done Zil.......

Glad your happy.......enjoy!

JonBowden - 22/2/05 at 11:09 PM

So, the obvious question -
Is it better than the locost?

mangogrooveworkshop - 22/2/05 at 11:21 PM

quote:
Originally posted by JonBowden

NEW BROOMs ALWAYS SWEEP CLEANER

TAKE IT BACK ! ITS GOT A BURGER THING STICKING OUT THE BOOT!

Bet ya he bought it so he can laugh at us on the road to Stoney Down from Scotland

[Edited on 23-2-05 by mangogrooveworkshop]

Hellfire - 23/2/05 at 01:59 AM

Warm - that sounds good! Enjoy!!!

zilspeed - 23/2/05 at 08:10 AM

quote:
Originally posted by JonBowden

How can I possibly answer that question ?

Well - ok then, I'll have a go...

first of all - 400 miles in 61/2 hours wasn't a problem (that was with three 15 minute stops). I suspect I would have been dead by now if I had been in a Locost. But that goes for nothing - there's loads of cars you can do a journey in.

Do I fit ?
Yes - no problem. I could do with a teeny bit more headroom, but that will be very easy to sort out. I couldn't drive the locost at all really with a seat in. But I'm a big fat b***ard, so that also goes for nothing.

I will definitely use it for speed events - it really does feel very like an elise in that respect. The K engine is an absolute gem. Quite torquey for the size, very flexible, but likes to rev as well.

Will it beat a locost at a hillclimb / sprint.
Nah never - I don't think so anyway. I don't think any road car could.

So - is it better ?
No.

But it is very very different, that's for sure.

See y'all at the next meeting

zilspeed - 23/2/05 at 08:16 AM

quote:

Bet ya he bought it so he can laugh at us on the road to Stoney Down from Scotland

Don't worry tap. I'll give you my mobile no. If you phone me from the M'way services, I'll come and pick up your shivering body and you can enjoy the snug warmth of my central heated luxury cockpit (ooh-err missus)

Just for a wee bit mind - not all the way. Don't want the English thinking your a big softy (like me)

colibriman - 23/2/05 at 08:21 AM

So whats your plan's John......you going sprinting with it? not long now till it all kicks off......

zilspeed - 23/2/05 at 09:08 AM

Lowland Speed Championship. Definitely.
That means Kames, Forrestburn and Doune. That'll do me fine.
I'll be the slowest out there, but that doesn't matter to me at all. As long as I do my best asnd enjoy it. My old mate Jock of ye old dutton fame will keep me right.
Changes will be restricted to a new set of List 1A tyres - probably Yoko A539s and off we go.

Are you doing anything yourself ?

mangogrooveworkshop - 23/2/05 at 11:05 AM

quote:
Originally posted by zilspeed
quote:

Don't worry tap. I'll give you my mobile no. If you phone me from the M'way services, I'll come and pick up your shivering body and you can enjoy the snug warmth of my central heated luxury cockpit (ooh-err missus)

Just for a wee bit mind - not all the way. Don't want the English thinking your a big softy (like me)

We are likely to be in Macs CEC with the heater full blast .........we have your moby number already

subk2002 - 23/2/05 at 12:17 PM

Well done John bet you cant wait to get it on a track

Drew

Peteff - 23/2/05 at 01:10 PM

B@$tard innit! .Bet it was better than the flight down eh?

zilspeed - 23/2/05 at 03:55 PM

quote:
Originally posted by subk2002
Well done John bet you cant wait to get it on a track

Drew

Too right Drew - the wee tracks to start with. Don't want to break it too soon

subk2002 - 24/2/05 at 07:24 PM

Let me know whats on and when John i might be tempted

zilspeed - 24/2/05 at 07:42 PM

Drew

If you enter the lowland speed championship you never have to stray from the central belt.
Kames
Forrestburn
Doune
Maybe Knockhill.

All within 45 minutes of the house. And you'll get to really give it big licks.
I'll get back to you with some dates.

colibriman - 24/2/05 at 07:53 PM

I wouldn't even consider Doune hillclimb in a 7....maybe I'm a wimp

I did it once in a Strada Abarth and that was scarey enough...

15 feet wide with NO runoff area for most of it.....just bloody hard barriers....

sprints are more like it...kames, knockhill etc great....not hillclimbs, not in a sideways 7......not for me...

can you enter the championships but use 2 cars....ie me use my tintop alfa for the hills...?

hmmm...did forestburn twice...it was great.. would still be scarey though in a 7.

[Edited on 24/2/05 by colibriman]

zilspeed - 24/2/05 at 08:05 PM

I 'did' Forrestburn last year at a non competitive event - one of the fun days.
It looks scary at the finish line when spectating - you couldn't imagine going that fast.
Then you get into your own car....Death or Glory

Don't know about the two cars, but I think you could. Speak to John Stevenson - (he's on here as Gizmo, or contact him via EACC)

colibriman - 24/2/05 at 08:14 PM

quote:

Then you get into your own car....Death or Glory

aint it just.....red mist and blinkers = SCAREY in a 7