Board logo

OT - Still can't drive !! :(
mcerd1 - 28/6/13 at 08:17 AM

some of you might remember that I had a little accident way back on easter weekend: linky

well my ankle was out of plaster 6 weeks ago and all seems good if a little sore, but the wrist is a different story...
I've finaly got it out of plaster after 12 full weeks - and now they don't know if its healed or not and have put me into a splint untill they can get me a CT scan and that could be another 2 - 5 weeks !!
yuck!
yuck!

(at least I can wash it now, it was really quite disgusting)

today is 13 full weeks since I was on the road and they still won't let me drive
at this stage I'd even settle for the GF's totally gutless clio

nick205 - 28/6/13 at 08:41 AM

Take your time and let it heal, better 6 months off the road than never going back!

omega0684 - 28/6/13 at 08:57 AM

Hope you get well soon mate, those look like some nasty fractures!!

Where abouts are you with the build? Last I heard you were still building the engine?

Looks like you'll have to concentrate on the house rathe than the car!

Wishing you a speedy recovery!

mcerd1 - 28/6/13 at 09:14 AM

quote:
Originally posted by omega0684Looks like you'll have to concentrate on the house rathe than the car!
not done anything to the car worth talking about in nearly 2 years

first the garage needed rebuilt after the bad snow, finaly got that all sorted out about 8 - 9 months ago, but then the house took over... broken bones or not !
mind you the house isn't that far off now - new bathroom and wiring is almost done, new heating is in and most of the house is either painted or ready for paint - then its just the kitchen and all new flooring and I'll be back in the garage

so another month and it'll be sorted I think..... it would be done even faster if I could drive though

omega0684 - 28/6/13 at 05:34 PM

I'm sure it will all fall into place fella!