Board logo

Free Courrier Service
Donners90 - 17/8/04 at 07:02 PM

Just offering my services as a courrier.

I'll be driving from Essex up to Edinburgh at the end of August, and back a week later, so if anyone wants parts picking up....save postage...etc

I'll be on the following route, so could arrange pick ups / drop offs en route:

A127, M25, M1, M6, A74M, A702.

Coming back the same route, but also via Peterborough (Luego).

Leaving on Friday 27th Aug.

Small(ish) items only on the way up, larger items on the way down. (Changing cars for the return leg!)

This service is free of charge.

Reply to this post, email or U2U me if you require my services.

HTH
James

Cita - 17/8/04 at 07:59 PM

That's a nice offer

andyps - 17/8/04 at 08:14 PM

There is a web site which offers this as a general service - if you are travelling somewhere that someone needs something moving from then you can get paid for the journey - the site is www.yourboot.co.uk. No connection.

dave1888 - 17/8/04 at 09:51 PM

Can you bring my wife back with you. She'll be in the london town with her mates that week (or so she tells me)
ps you coming up to Edinburgh for business or pleasure if you dont mind me asking

[Edited on 17/8/04 by dave1888]

mangogrooveworkshop - 18/8/04 at 06:58 AM

Donners90 are you near to GTS? may have something needed to be brought up.

Donners90 - 18/8/04 at 08:02 AM

Dave,
Coming up to Edinburgh on pleasure. I was at uni up there so will be visiting me mates! Cannot transport live goods I'm affraid as I will be stopping in Kendal for a few days before continuing up to Edinburgh..sorry!!

MGW,
Unfortunately GTS is 1 1/2 hours in the opposite direction. It may only be 20miles as the crow flies, but the Thames kinda gets in the way, so it turns into nearly 70miles each way coz you've got to cross the river at Dartford!! Again, sorry.

Not a great success so far but the offer's still open!

ATB
James

stephen_gusterson - 18/8/04 at 08:47 AM

If he sent you a pic of his wife, might you change your mind

atb

steve

quote:
Originally posted by Donners90
Dave,
Coming up to Edinburgh on pleasure. I was at uni up there so will be visiting me mates! Cannot transport live goods I'm affraid as I will be stopping in Kendal for a few days before continuing up to Edinburgh..sorry!!

MGW,
Unfortunately GTS is 1 1/2 hours in the opposite direction. It may only be 20miles as the crow flies, but the Thames kinda gets in the way, so it turns into nearly 70miles each way coz you've got to cross the river at Dartford!! Again, sorry.

Not a great success so far but the offer's still open!

ATB
James

James - 18/8/04 at 11:54 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Donners90
Dave,
Coming up to Edinburgh on pleasure. I was at uni up there so will be visiting me mates!

I was up there last weekend for the festival.

Marcus Brigstock's show Planet Corduroy at the Assembly Rooms (10.15pm IIRC) (Kind of satirical thing slaggng off Bush/Blair etc. etc) made me laugh till I hurt.

As did: Paul Merton's Impro Chums which was equally brilliant! Which is at the Pleasance Courtyard.

Have fun!

James

blueshift - 18/8/04 at 04:29 PM

yourboot looks a bit dodgy to me. expensive for what it is (expected it to be free), and they have a horrible privacy policy - you agree to waive all rights over your personal information.

dave1888 - 18/8/04 at 04:44 PM

Pick of wife hope you change your mind

dave1888 - 18/8/04 at 04:46 PM

Only joking This is my wife Rescued attachment large_banner.gif
Rescued attachment large_banner.gif

andyps - 19/8/04 at 11:41 AM

quote:
Originally posted by blueshift
yourboot looks a bit dodgy to me. expensive for what it is (expected it to be free), and they have a horrible privacy policy - you agree to waive all rights over your personal information.

I've never used it - just a site I had heard about.

Dave - I'll give your wife a lift (if she is the second one ) Wasn't going that way, but may be worthwhile!!

stephen_gusterson - 19/8/04 at 12:32 PM

im not going anywhere, but i might if she asked!

atb

steve

dave1888 - 19/8/04 at 04:55 PM

Ah men thinking with their pants again its none of the above thankfully and pity in that order. The first picture came from www.uglypeople.com good site to look at if your feeling a bit low. The second picture is from the slim-fast ad "Lets bikini" on web