Board logo

I will never need to clean it!!!!!!
matt.c - 12/1/09 at 06:15 PM

You know when you build your pride and joy, you say it never going to get that dirty to need cleaning. Hours spent pollising and look at it now!!!!!

Description
Description

[img][/img]
[img][/img]

One trip the the DVLA office!!

Oh well cant complain as i have done 300+ miles in the indy now and it only got really dirty once.

matt_claydon - 12/1/09 at 06:30 PM

That's not dirty, this is dirty!

A1 - 12/1/09 at 06:31 PM

it looks pretty good dirty!!
its heartbreaking though, isnt it?

graememk - 12/1/09 at 06:33 PM

you cant drive to the dvla without plates only to sva

flak monkey - 12/1/09 at 06:36 PM

quote:
Originally posted by graememk

Depends who you talk to... in this case everyone said it was ok.

I wish they would come up with some rules set in stone!

Anyway, nice one Matt! They do get dirty very quickly. I bet the roads were slippy!

Need to get mine back on the road (this weekend hopefully!) and we can go for a blat!

David

Danozeman - 12/1/09 at 06:42 PM

hehehe mine looked similar to that after a trip on a trailer.

Danozeman - 12/1/09 at 06:43 PM

How hard are these things to clean without getting the inside wet?

matt.c - 12/1/09 at 06:44 PM

quote:
Originally posted by flak monkey
quote:

Depends who you talk to... in this case everyone said it was ok.

I wish they would come up with some rules set in stone!

Anyway, nice one Matt! They do get dirty very quickly. I bet the roads were slippy!

Need to get mine back on the road (this weekend hopefully!) and we can go for a blat!

David

Having to sorn mine for a few months untill swmbo goes back to work. Oh well at least it will give me more time to do those extra things to the indy.

matt.c - 12/1/09 at 06:46 PM

quote:

Insurance company said i could drive to a pre booked appointment so i did.

No trouble with the plod or the dvla.

coozer - 12/1/09 at 06:57 PM

Still looks better than mine.....

locoR1 - 12/1/09 at 06:57 PM

Thats well and truly baptised it
I bet its nice and clean again now though

flak monkey - 12/1/09 at 06:58 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Danozeman
How hard are these things to clean without getting the inside wet?

Theres nothing in mine, or matts for that point, that matters if it gets wet.

But even so its quite easy to wash them without soaking everything inside

Mine's filthy at the moment, didnt wash it before it got shoved in the garage 3 months ago. It'll be all sparkly before it gets back on the road though!

David

speedyxjs - 12/1/09 at 07:05 PM

and no windscreen

Ivan - 12/1/09 at 08:20 PM

Take it from someone who never believed in cleaning cars - they only get so dirty and then as much falls off as sticks on so they don't get any dirtier.

I also find that cars that hardly ever get cleaned don't rust as much and if you clean them before selling look much better than a car that is regularly cleaned as the paint has never been exposed to cleaning scratches. Also they are a lot less interesting to vandals and thieves.

Cleaning a car is the ultimate in wasted effort as the first drive you take it's dirty again.

lotusmadandy - 12/1/09 at 08:29 PM

I never wash my tintop.
My brother say's it's painted with
that 'special anti dazzle paint'

Andy

chrsgrain - 12/1/09 at 08:35 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Ivan
Take it from someone who never believed in cleaning cars - they only get so dirty and then as much falls off as sticks on so they don't get any dirtier.

I also find that cars that hardly ever get cleaned don't rust as much and if you clean them before selling look much better than a car that is regularly cleaned as the paint has never been exposed to cleaning scratches. Also they are a lot less interesting to vandals and thieves.

Cleaning a car is the ultimate in wasted effort as the first drive you take it's dirty again.

O - go and post that on 'detailing world' go on.. go on.... it would make their day!

Chris

DIY Si - 12/1/09 at 08:41 PM

My car gets cleaned every now and then. It doesn't help that the old exhaust exited so close to the wheel arch that it burnt it! Oh, and when it does get cleaned, I use Cillit Bang degreaser!

Liam - 12/1/09 at 09:15 PM

quote:
Originally posted by chrsgrain
quote:

O - go and post that on 'detailing world' go on.. go on.... it would make their day!

Chris

LOL! I'd love to see what would happen if Ivan met This Guy. I'm thinking some kind of planet destroying matter - antimatter annihilation

Liam

Alan B - 12/1/09 at 10:43 PM

quote:

Man after my own heart....two thumbs up..

David Jenkins - 13/1/09 at 01:13 PM

My tin-top gets cleaned when I start to get dirty hands or clothes when getting in or out of it...

iank - 13/1/09 at 01:16 PM

I wash the cars once every 6months whether they need it or not.
I do wash the crap off the lights (and numberplates, obviously )

[Edited on 13/1/09 by iank]

Fred W B - 13/1/09 at 08:25 PM

quote:

Fair enough on a daily driver, but on a competion car you want it clean so that:

You can see any cracks etc before the part falls off.

You don't get filthy when you work on it.

Used to drive me crazy when I raced Karts, newbies would pitch up with dirty old outfits and in order to help them out you have to first clean the thing.

Cheers

Fred W B

[Edited on 13/1/09 by Fred W B]

cd.thomson - 14/1/09 at 11:49 AM

using this logic, why wipe, wash your hands or have a shower?

Liam - 14/1/09 at 12:39 PM

Er you know - bacteria, disease, infections. All that stuff. Not a big problem for a car!