Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Reply
Author: Subject: Good Days Work
RichardK

posted on 6/11/05 at 10:06 PM Reply With Quote
Good Days Work

Got to say I'm really pleased with myself, set myself a goal of modifying my sump and whilst the paint was drying managed to move the oil filler neck! I know there are probably guys on here that could do both of these in a morning but believe me this is pretty good for me!!!

Sump was bit of a swine though, filled it with water and stood on some newspaper and I had a couple of tiny pin hole leaks, took me 2 or 3 attempts until I finally cracked it, hope it's alright under pressure

Pictures of the oil filler nech are pretty poo so I apologise for these and will try and get some better ones for my archive, I think I will start using the archive more as a sort of personal record of how things are progressing anyway, I think that would be kinda good.

Anyway tell me what you think.....

They are in my photo archive if I can't figure out the below

Sump
Sump

Sump1
Sump1

Rocker Cover
Rocker Cover

Rocker Cover 1
Rocker Cover 1

[Edited on 6/11/05 by RichardK]

Gallery updated 11/01/2011

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
omega 24 v6

posted on 6/11/05 at 10:23 PM Reply With Quote
Looks OK.
Don't put yourself down mate.
I'm enjoying the build (at the moment) it's what I like to do and a few challenges have been overcome. I would say that as long as you are happy with what you've done ( and you must be to let us all see it ) then you've at least acheived self satisfaction so well done and keep it up.

Peteff

posted on 6/11/05 at 10:52 PM Reply With Quote
hope it's alright under pressure

It shouldn't be under pressure if the crankcase vent is clear.

yours, Pete

I went into the RSPCA office the other day. It was so small you could hardly swing a cat in there.

DarrenW

posted on 6/11/05 at 11:08 PM Reply With Quote
Defo a good days work. Got quite a bit done there. You should be proud.
i followed Mark Allansons plans for sump and extended forwards instead of big winging it. This resulted in larger capacity, natural baffling and option of adding an agled 3mm plate on the bottom to act as a kindof skid plate. Did you folow the hoodies idea? I spent ages ensuring no leaks then for good measure went over all of the welds with bond and seal (sump was very thoroughly cleaned first) before painting.

Luckily i havent had to move oil filler as engine is much farther back.

What is the engine spec? Any future plans?

mookaloid

posted on 6/11/05 at 11:15 PM Reply With Quote
All looks pretty good to me

Cheers

Mark

ayoungman

posted on 7/11/05 at 11:23 AM Reply With Quote
I would say that you've done a very good job. I thought the sump chop was probably the worst bit of my build so far. I wanted to braze it but didn't have access to gas anymore.

"just like that !"

New Topic New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.