Board logo

Is it just me
madteg - 2/3/08 at 09:21 PM

Is it just me or do all little jobs turn into big ones, went to change engine oil today, noticed that oil breather plate was leaking.
Then realised that had to remove turbo and manifold to get to one bolt, now all in bits again needing gaskets. Rescued attachment 003.jpg
Rescued attachment 003.jpg

coozer - 2/3/08 at 09:29 PM

No, its not just you, all the little jobs conspire to pi€€ you off. right off.

Jon Ison - 2/3/08 at 09:35 PM

Agree, that little weekend upgrade/tidy up job always goes on and on and on and leads into "ah, I'll just alter that" "but if i do that I have to do this"

on n on n on.

matt.c - 2/3/08 at 10:01 PM

Tell me about it! It took me all day on sat to fit a fog lamp!

owelly - 2/3/08 at 10:17 PM

Not car related but I popped to B&Q to buy a sawbench and came home with a kitchen. That meant lifting the old concrete floor and laying a new one, then tiling the floor and fitting radiators which flagged up a crack in the back of the toilet bowl (which is next door to the kitchen with the rad pipes running through it behind the bog) which meant another trip to B&Q (which is 45mins each way) and then digging up the bathroom floor and relaying the concrete and fitting new radiators which highlighted the leaking isolation valves which needed another trip to B&Q. And then I had to fit the new kitchen which meant moving an interior wall and replastering it.
I'm still at it.........

madteg - 2/3/08 at 10:28 PM

You just made me feel a hole lot better thanks.

owelly - 2/3/08 at 11:16 PM

You're feeling hole? That's why your car jobs are taking so long.................

James - 2/3/08 at 11:46 PM

I started a 'quick' radiator upgrade and re-plumb of my Locost in December '06.

The car still isn't back on the road!

Cheers,
James

Mr Whippy - 3/3/08 at 02:21 AM

well I got tons done this weekend so there

DaveFJ - 3/3/08 at 08:47 AM

I spent most of the weekend pondering a fuel pump problem just to realise that it was my own buffoonery in not reading the Megasquirt manuals properly..... grrrrrr