Board logo

Our first go at it
clutch_kick - 23/5/06 at 03:05 PM

Well this was our first attempt. Chassis is really sweet, car handles like a dream. We just need to improve on looks. Rescued attachment DSCF0001.JPG
Rescued attachment DSCF0001.JPG

clutch_kick - 23/5/06 at 03:06 PM

and we use this little baby to tow it with Rescued attachment DSCF0002.JPG
Rescued attachment DSCF0002.JPG

02GF74 - 23/5/06 at 03:17 PM

nice one.

judging by all the clouds int eh sky, you should consider fitting weather gear

clutch_kick - 23/5/06 at 03:23 PM

erm ... what clouds? it was 29 deg C on that day ... ... an A/C would be nice though

DarrenW - 23/5/06 at 03:36 PM

he he he English sense of humour strikes again!!!!

It must be really hell to be in malta right now. Who would want an open top sportscar in such idyllic weather??????? Theres nowt better than going for a blat and keeping an eye on the rain not 3 miles away!

I bet you cant wait to get the car finished now. Well done on getting it mobile. Its going to be fantastic in that car out there.

O/T - what rain tyres are you fitting?

BKLOCO - 23/5/06 at 03:48 PM

Although the weather may be nice in Malta the roads certainly are NOT.
The pot holes are so big there is generally a copper in the bottom of them directing the traffic
I wouldn't fancy driving a seven for any distance on Maltese roads. If at all.

tadltd - 23/5/06 at 04:02 PM

A Fiat 500 with a towbar!!

NUTS!

Good work, that man!

jollygreengiant - 23/5/06 at 04:57 PM

Ok so is that an old airfield?
If so which one.
Just curios as my dad served out there at Qrendi strip with 229sqn. Finaly got brought home, just after Scicily invasion, after nearly a year (was supposed to be 6months). He loved the Island, just couldn't stand the flies.

Car looks good.

Deckman001 - 23/5/06 at 05:39 PM

Nice lookin car, BUT, where's the roll bar ????????

Jason

Peteff - 23/5/06 at 06:07 PM

The car looks fine, just like mine. You must mean the looks of the two stood behind it.

Aboardman - 23/5/06 at 06:38 PM

quote:

We just need to improve on looks

yes i would lose the yellow paint, fiats look nice in red and can you fit 17" wheels on it might need to cut the arches out a bit.

clutch_kick - 23/5/06 at 09:56 PM

ok ok ok ... here goes ...

that is the old Hal Far airfield, you can see the 1/4 mile dragstrip in the background.

Yes the roads are aweful here but they are improving a LOT ... unfortunately the government has discovered the use of speedcameras too.

The Roll-cage is going to be fitted tomorrow, a lovely chromolly peice of work. The car will not be registered for road use, eventually we're going to put a 1.6 zetec on it for hillclimbing only.

As for the looks ... the younger of the 2 guys in the background is the owner of the kitcar, the other was just a guy who happened to be in the local Go_kart comittee. by the way that is a Fiat 126 not 500.

Sorry if i didn't catch any of the english humor, lol, but i had just arrived from a very early morning flight, and i was knackered.