Board logo

Anybody here with a new version Spider
Volvorsport - 27/9/04 at 08:52 PM

is there anybody here with a new version spider by stuart taylor ?

spunky - 29/9/04 at 11:24 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Volvorsport
is there anybody here with a new version spider by stuart taylor ?
Rescued attachment spider 07.jpg
Rescued attachment spider 07.jpg

Volvorsport - 30/9/04 at 08:55 AM

Hmm interesting , thats the first one out of the mold isnt it ?

Good to see ones work put to good use , finally

i did the plug work from original to what you see now .

spunky - 30/9/04 at 12:44 PM

Good to make contact.

I can now pass on the praise given to you by the SVA inspector who remembers the old Midtek and was very impressed with work done by re-designer. He never even bothered getting a radius guage out for any part of the car.
It is a massive single piece casting with many compound curves and I've always wondered who was responsible, with my limited attempts at working with GRP I am amazed. Good work mate.

It is the first and only Spider on the road. there is a second lightweight shell outside Ians workshop and he is threatening to put a car together... I wouldn't hold your breath though.

Cheers
John

ned - 30/9/04 at 12:46 PM

i beg to differ, there was a spider at donington, looked exactly the same as yours spunky. possibly yellow in colour, parked outside by the burger vans.

Ned.

phelpsa - 30/9/04 at 12:57 PM

I saw the one outside ians workshop, on top of the crates. It did look like it needed putting together pretty soon.

Adam

spunky - 30/9/04 at 02:12 PM

Ned, there may be a second one then. If there is its the one from outside Ians workshop on the crates as Adam said.

Only two pulls were taken from the mold. Ian was trying to sell me the molds, jigs and copyright for the project I declined

John

phelpsa - 30/9/04 at 04:50 PM

To be honest, spunky's car looks better than the one on the crates, for some reason it looks a different shape.

Adam

Volvorsport - 30/9/04 at 07:17 PM

thanks ,

the actual GRP body was made by a local company , altho its not beyond me - they got the work - and farmed the plug work to me , i must say , idid the rear panel different to what ian wanted , then he decided he liked it - another local chap sprayed it - who is responsible for the finish , anyway - good to see it put to use .

oh and i used approx 7 tins of filler

[Edited on 30/9/04 by Volvorsport]