Board logo

Girls building locosts?
DavidM - 14/6/04 at 11:34 PM

Are there any girls building locosts?

My wife was just interested. Perhaps she's considering a build. I've got a V8 she can use.

nicklondon - 15/6/04 at 06:09 AM

my 14 year old daughter has said she wants to help me(when i get started).hope she knows her nails wont last long

chris.russell - 15/6/04 at 07:26 AM

my girlfriend has mentioned that she wants to help : Problems

1, it would mean she will be in "my" space in the garage

2, when you ask her for a left handed screwdriver she will spend hours searching through the tool box trying to find one.

In conclusion - she can stick to the domestic chores while I go off and play

(i'm not a sexist honest, just miffed off having to take her into work for 6am this morning on my only day off this week)

tractorboy - 15/6/04 at 07:26 AM

my daughter helped me shes great at sorting out nuts and bolts and has a real knack for getting right under my feet but she is only 6 so i dont suppose it really counts!!!!!!!! (but now its on the road she wants picking up from school in it)

tractorboy - 15/6/04 at 07:28 AM

also my wife showed an interest in my"kitcar" magazine and came to the conclusion i could build her a pink beach buggy!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Peteff - 15/6/04 at 10:28 AM

Buy her a pink beaked budgie and tell her you didn't hear her properly.

ned - 15/6/04 at 10:40 AM

I know a female builder who is nearly finished building, she's awaiting her SVA date or so she tells me...

Ned.

theconrodkid - 15/6/04 at 12:17 PM

oi ned,were suposed to make out its a difficult and manly thing to do

robinbastd - 15/6/04 at 10:43 PM

My 22 month old daughter has worked out how to use a spanner,so I'm hoping she'll show me soon.
She also sits in the chassis with an imaginary steering wheel. She has not seen me doing that because I always check to see that no one is looking.

Mark Allanson - 15/6/04 at 10:50 PM

My 21 year old daughter wont sit in it because there is no vanity mirror on the back of the non existant sun visor

robinbastd - 15/6/04 at 10:54 PM

Well Mark, she's really going to enjoy the trip back to uni in it then.

Mark Allanson - 15/6/04 at 11:01 PM

No chance, not with all the cr@p, sorry, essential stuff she will be taking back, it filled the car and a 5'x3 1/2' trailor when I brought her home - 90mph with an unbraked trailor, is that over the limit officer?

Metal Hippy - 15/6/04 at 11:10 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Mark Allanson
My 21 year old daughter

Sod the details, just post a high resolution picture.

Mark Allanson - 16/6/04 at 06:26 AM

OK Hippy here is one, she and her mates bought 3 large bottles of bubble bath in Bristols superdrug and added it to the fountain in the City centre..... Rescued attachment Naughty Ruth.JPG
Rescued attachment Naughty Ruth.JPG

Metal Hippy - 16/6/04 at 11:32 PM

Aren't students ace...