Board logo

my path..
02GF74 - 25/6/09 at 08:49 PM

.. is strewn with cowpats from the devil's own herd.

well, I got the chassis rail moved over and welded and lowered engine so that is exhaust will leave via the old hole bonnet will fit over the carbs - still needs a bit of fettling there.

but ofcourse this requires my lovely engine mounts to be shortened.... not an easy task but done one side ready for wleding.

the moutns sit a 454 degrees so making them shorts, mover the base point so that my mount no longer sits centrally over the rubber buffer

gonna have to drill a hole to move the buffer over 10 mm which will helkp but is not ideal - cannot move it more than that as the chassi rail is in the way Rescued attachment offset.jpg
Rescued attachment offset.jpg

flak monkey - 25/6/09 at 08:53 PM

Change the angle of the tube?

Or is that too simple?

big_wasa - 25/6/09 at 09:03 PM

I dont see a problem if its suported ?

blakep82 - 25/6/09 at 09:27 PM

just redo them. get the plates water/laser cut to save yourself too much work, and redo them. have to say i wouldn't be too keen on the ones above on my car, but thats just me

02GF74 - 26/6/09 at 07:15 AM

redo them!?!??!?!?

not keen on that - tales ages to bend up the steel to correct angle, cut. file, grind weld ... plus I don't have the steel and will probably run out of gas.

nick205 - 26/6/09 at 08:21 AM

If it's exactly like you've drawn it then I wouldn't worry about it.

Not sure about your's Big_Wasa, I'd prefer a little more support than that myself.

MikeRJ - 26/6/09 at 08:50 AM

Cut out two Vee's and weld:

Engine mount shorten
Engine mount shorten

big_wasa - 26/6/09 at 01:45 PM

I cant find a better pic but its not going to fail