Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Pond Life Coppers
dlatch

posted on 15/2/10 at 06:21 PM Reply With Quote
Description
Description

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
morcus

posted on 15/2/10 at 09:29 PM Reply With Quote
I think that having recording equipment in car is a great idea and can see no reason why it wouldn't hold up in court, especially if you had a recording of them changing their mind about the colour of the phone.

As said above, if your innocent go for it, if you not tell the truth. If what you said is true I would complain to the IPCC, not that it'll do you any good, last time my dad was crashed into he complained about the investigation and they said they'd be intouch but never were. I don't think all police are crooked but there was alot of it at the time, this happened around the time that Kent police got criminals to confess to unsolved crimes in exchange for something to make the figures look better on paper.

In a White Room, With Black Curtains, By the Station.

omega 24 v6

posted on 15/2/10 at 10:28 PM Reply With Quote
As Mr grumpy and I have discussed before there are good and bad police. Again here IMHO is another example of why i think the system is totally wrong.

Yes you should go to court IF you are not guilty.

No you should not take the points If you are not guilty ( surely this is tantamount to perjuring yourself IMHO)

BUT and here is the rub.
You have already ( and by the majority belief on this thread) been found guilty by 2 people who's word IS more likely than going to be enough to find you guilty. This WILL more than likely result in you having to pay a greater fine and court costs and possibly more points than the 3.
So you roll over and take the lesser fine and no day in court to have your say ( because what is the point ).
You say you have been advised to take the fine ( by who ) is it a solicitor??
If so what does that tell us about being a law abiding citizen?
If 2 policemen know a local criminal and know that they are pretty sure he commited a crime the night before could they both say together that he did it and they saw him???? I think not

THE SYSTEM SUCKS GUYS pure and simple as far as the motorist is concerned.

One last question Mad Butcher

Would you previously have been a helpfull and corteous citizen to the police??

And would you now be of the same opinion??

Again it's the few bad apples that spoil the barrel.

change the system it obviously does not work. IMHO

[Edited on 15/2/10 by omega 24 v6]

If it looks wrong it probably is wrong.

alistairolsen

posted on 16/2/10 at 08:58 AM Reply With Quote
cant disagree with any of that. I used to like the police but one pair of bad apples proved its not worth trusting any of them (not worth the risk).

It's a bullying tactic, charge you with more and then offer you a lesser charge if you plead guilty. Similarly with on the spot fine offers. Most people will take them to mitigate the risk of ending up with more and the sheer amount of time wasted in going to court(but thats another issue).

The police are not believed 100% of the time, but TBH once they have given their version of events you're left with little but "that's not what happened"

*bitter rant over*

My Build Thread

mad-butcher

posted on 16/2/10 at 09:14 AM Reply With Quote
Don't get me wrong I'm no angel,spent most of my life into bikes, If Iwas to say I was born in 1950 you will get the era and factions that existed in my late teens early 20's. passed my driving test in 1995, prior to that I had driven all sorts of vehicles on a dead mans licence and never had a pull.
in answer to you questions I have always had respect for old school coppers, we had a local beat bobby who if he caught you smoking or drunk under age would give you 3 options. my father was a belt and braces fella 2" wide 1/4" thick solid leather.
the nick: parents come down a get you. you knew the belt was going to come off
He would take you home: a deffo no no a copper taking you home oh how humiliating now you've embarrased mother in front of the neighbours, the curtains are twitching you ain't going to sit down for a week if you're lucky.
A good hiding up the local entry: yes please, bobbies happy he's taught you a lesson and no parents involved.
and believe me we did learn. once went home with 2 cracked ribs and had to tell parents I fell off a push bike cos if father found out what had happened that Feckin belts coming off. got to admit a great childhood and lessons well learnt, my parents always used to say spare the rod and spoil the child.
Police in general are doing the best they can given the mamby pamby laws that exist in this country, the ones that booked me no hard feelings unfortunately being Cheshire Constabulary I beleive have targets to hit.
I now carry my phone switched off in my bag in the boot of my pajero. if I saw them on their roof on the embankment. would I stop get out of my vehicle switch my phone on and make a call.. in all honesty I very much doubt it I recon I could even live with reading that the 2 police officers had died.
would I do the same outside the area certainly not,

tony

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
02GF74

posted on 16/2/10 at 01:53 PM Reply With Quote
if you are innocent, stick to your guns and go to court.

then make complaint about the officer.

with any luck, if thies is a regualr occurnace and htere are other complaints, then that may work in your favour ... or in someone else's favour.

doesn't sound like it's gonna be a win-win situation for you

PS I'll send you a cake with a file inside should it come to that.

oh, gather all the evidnece you can - from phone company and mention the mistake in phone colour and the change of mind.

see if they deny that.

[Edited on 16/2/10 by 02GF74]

Ninehigh

posted on 17/2/10 at 01:09 PM Reply With Quote
Yeah Cheshire police have a reputation... And it wasn't started by me either (having told them several times to look at the list of call-outs from me and the number of times they bothered)

When that Policing Pledge started being advertised, and I managed to stop laughing, I called them to find out what they're doing. I ended up having to go to Parliment just to get the Police to turn up to 999 calls...

<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.