Board logo

MX5 Number plate plinth
907 - 29/6/17 at 07:07 AM

The MX5 has a rather ugly (IMHO) number plate mount that looks like a reject from the Tupperware factory so
yesterday I made an aluminium one.

It keeps me off the streets.

Paul G

Description
Description

nick205 - 30/6/17 at 11:56 AM

Looks good!

Not sure you're allowed them anymore, but it looks prime for a self adhesive number plate to me

907 - 30/6/17 at 12:27 PM

quote:
Originally posted by nick205
Looks good!

Not sure you're allowed them anymore, but it looks prime for a self adhesive number plate to me

I think stick-on's are a no no.

I did wonder, but only for a split second, if the curvature of the plate was illegal; but like I said, just for that split second.

As an aside, I filled it with fuel today for the second time. 26.3 to the gallon. Am I driving it wrong ?

Paul G

40inches - 30/6/17 at 06:40 PM

As an aside, I filled it with fuel today for the second time. 26.3 to the gallon. Am I driving it wrong ?

Paul G

I don't think so Paul. I looked into a MX5 as a daily driver, the fuel consumption was worse than
my SAAB Aero it was going to replace
Would be OK for a toy car though.

907 - 30/6/17 at 07:14 PM

If I need economy on certain journeys I'll use my 3.2 straight 6 Merc. If I give that the beans I still get 38.

Actually for track days it will save fuel if I stick the MiXi on my trailer and tow it with the Merc.
And think of all that room to bring home all those shagged tyres.

Paul G

40inches - 30/6/17 at 08:25 PM

quote:
Originally posted by 907
If I need economy on certain journeys I'll use my 3.2 straight 6 Merc. If I give that the beans I still get 38.

Actually for track days it will save fuel if I stick the MiXi on my trailer and tow it with the Merc.
And think of all that room to bring home all those shagged tyres.

Paul G

Result