Board logo

Am I too Young... ?
scootz - 22/4/10 at 04:21 PM

... for a 2008 Jaguar XJ 2.7d Sovereign LWB?

Anyone know much about them?

Agriv8 - 22/4/10 at 04:24 PM

dont know - but too young for a bit of luxury dont think so !!! leave the hot hatches to those that dont have knkered joints or aches and pains

( ps dont know how old you are so bit imiterial really !! )

Regards

Agriv8

scootz - 22/4/10 at 04:29 PM

Found a nice Cat D one at the right price... minor repair required (panel and plastic... nothing to the ali chassis).

Beautiful car - no doubt, and also drives beautifully (in a wafting-about sort of way!), but I just get the feeling that I'll look like I've stolen it whenever I get in or out of it!

TimC - 22/4/10 at 04:30 PM

Looks good to me. The days of driving quickly on a road are numbered imho. Thankfully we still have race tracks.

Guinness - 22/4/10 at 04:40 PM

quote:
Originally posted by scootz
, but I just get the feeling that I'll look like I've stolen it whenever I get in or out of it!

Take the mask off, lose the purple wig?

scootz - 22/4/10 at 04:46 PM

But I like the wig, mask and cape...

blakep82 - 22/4/10 at 04:56 PM

ignore me. i got very confused

[Edited on 22/4/10 by blakep82]

iscmatt - 22/4/10 at 05:01 PM

quote:
Originally posted by TimC
Thankfully we still have race tracks.

For now...

gingerprince - 22/4/10 at 05:14 PM

Get one of these and you'll be reet Rescued attachment cap.jpg
Rescued attachment cap.jpg

Paul TigerB6 - 22/4/10 at 05:58 PM

quote:
Originally posted by TimC
The days of driving quickly on a road are numbered imho. Thankfully we still have race tracks.

For now!! Health & Safety will soon ban them if they get their way (either that or the local residents who just bought their house 3 months ago and decide they dont like the noise like happened at Curborough to stop the club evenings)

speedyxjs - 22/4/10 at 06:10 PM

You never too young for a big cat. I got mine when i was 19!

Steve Hignett - 22/4/10 at 06:56 PM

Yes...

dhutch - 22/4/10 at 07:45 PM

quote:
Originally posted by scootzBeautiful car - no doubt, and also drives beautifully, but I just get the feeling that I'll look like I've stolen it whenever I get in or out of it!
Still dont know how old you are.
- While you also be driving it like you stole it? Thats the question.

Daniel

mcerd1 - 22/4/10 at 09:02 PM

I recon oyur well over dure one of them

Daddylonglegs - 22/4/10 at 09:24 PM

+1 for yes

Need to be on at least a bus pass before you can get one

skydivepaul - 22/4/10 at 10:39 PM

i want one.
but at 41 still feel i am too young for one.

still 21 in my head

dont get a diesel get a 400 bhp xjr!

morcus - 23/4/10 at 01:38 AM

A Jag still seems to be a car that says you've made it, that said I don't think you can be to young, to immature but not to young.
I personally think they got the styling wrong on that model, the proportions aren't quite right, I much prefer the one before (Though I prefer the dials and interior on the one before that).

Young guy driving a Jag is one of those things that might get the police stopping you all the time.

scootz - 23/4/10 at 09:56 AM

Lol!

The missus is not convinced, so will probably not happen...

I used to love looking for cars, but this time it's become a bit of a chore!

Tiguan goes on Monday... no pressure!

mcerd1 - 23/4/10 at 10:09 AM

quote:
Originally posted by scootz
Tiguan goes on Monday... no pressure!

Mango might lend you my old car if you ask him nicely :lol:

speedyxjs - 23/4/10 at 10:57 AM

quote:
Originally posted by morcus
Young guy driving a Jag is one of those things that might get the police stopping you all the time.

Il definately second that!

mcerd1 - 23/4/10 at 03:25 PM

seriously though - you must have had one of just about every other car ever made by now....

...so why not try a jag ?

(is the money good enough to sell it for a profit ? )

[Edited on 23/4/10 by mcerd1]

scootz - 23/4/10 at 04:08 PM

Not sure if there's money in it. Could have it bought and fixed for £17k... books at £24k (cost new £53k. All sounds good so far, but big Jags are a notoriously tough sell, and then there's the Cat D 'stigma'!

Shame really as the car has been Cat D'd for no good reason... (the repair centre it was taken to stripped the rear end then found a small ripple... it was then established that they were not authorised to carry out a repair on an Ali car and it sat there for a while! Customer kicked off... insurance co paid out... car sold by contract).

Just daft... the rippled bit doesn't even NEED a repair as it has no bearing on the structural integrity of the vehicle (although if it was me who'd paid £53k for it, then I'd want it perfect!).

Madness... Madness... Madness!

An Ali-authorised repairer has quoted an hours labour to sort (as the back end us already exposed)... a replacement bumper can be picked up on eBay for £150... then just a bit if paint!

And we wonder why insurance premiums are do high!

morcus - 23/4/10 at 04:27 PM

But if you'd paid 53K for a car and someone else damaged it, would you accept less than perfect? I wouldn't. Its a shame they can't payout without writing it off and then fix it propperly (And sell it for 24K) everyone would be a winner.

If you spend more than £2K on a jag you will lose money, but you will enjoy it. only buy it if you know your going to keep it for a long time.