Board logo

I could have filed it quicker!
Howlor - 5/2/10 at 02:06 PM

Amazing 3D machining.

Steve

Linky

StevieB - 5/2/10 at 02:11 PM

I think I really need one of those machines - I wonder if they're cheap...

bodger - 5/2/10 at 02:28 PM

I've got one in the garage somewhere. I think it's next to the co2 laser cutter, must have a clearout.

55ant - 5/2/10 at 02:36 PM

wow. thats a lovely machine, someone u2u me when theyre in aldi

BenB - 5/2/10 at 02:41 PM

Not bad. Hope they saved all the swarf and flogged it. Not to mention all the knackered cutting tools!

dan__wright - 5/2/10 at 02:41 PM

i thought 5d was mad but that's got axis on the base too! does that make it 7d lol

tegwin - 5/2/10 at 02:43 PM

I dont get it... whats the point in a helmet made from alloy?? I mean, its not going to absorb any shock atall is it

deezee - 5/2/10 at 02:50 PM

quote:
Originally posted by tegwin
I dont get it... whats the point in a helmet made from alloy?? I mean, its not going to absorb any shock atall is it

Plus on cold days your face will freeze to it You'd be better putting a carrier bag on your head and filling it with expanding foam

Bluemoon - 5/2/10 at 04:14 PM

quote:

No point, just showing you what the CNC can do.. Hate to have to program it...

Dan

tegwin - 5/2/10 at 04:53 PM

lol

eddie99 - 5/2/10 at 05:57 PM

Thats some great technology. I bet its expensive though. Is there anything that it wouldn't be able to CNC?
Regards
Ed

tegwin - 5/2/10 at 06:12 PM

quote:
Originally posted by eddie99
Thats some great technology. I bet its expensive though. Is there anything that it wouldn't be able to CNC?
Regards
Ed

A hollow un-interupted Sphere?

[Edited on 5/2/10 by tegwin]

smart51 - 5/2/10 at 06:15 PM

I liked the almost polished finish and the name counter polished into the back. Fabulous. I couldn't afford the aluminium block never mind the machine.

eddie99 - 5/2/10 at 06:18 PM

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by eddie99
Regards
Ed

A hollow un-interupted Sphere?

[Edited on 5/2/10 by tegwin]

You could if you machined it in 2 parts, but i guess that will still count as interrupted

skinned knuckles - 5/2/10 at 06:29 PM

you boys should have said you wanted one, i binned a couple of them yesterday. bloody things kept getting underfoot and i needed the extra space for the new veyron, now that it has come back from having its panells replaced with diamond encrusted 24 carrot gold.

[Edited on 5/2/10 by skinned knuckles]

David Jenkins - 5/2/10 at 06:32 PM

quote:
Originally posted by skinned knuckles
now that it has come back from having its panells replaced with diamond encrusted 24 carrot gold.

You wanted 24 carrots?

I'm off to get my coat...

[Edited on 5/2/10 by David Jenkins] Rescued attachment carrots.jpg
Rescued attachment carrots.jpg

jeffw - 5/2/10 at 06:35 PM

quote:
24 carrot gold.

Did Bugs Bunny drop it off

Angel Acevedo - 5/2/10 at 07:55 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Bluemoon
quote:

No point, just showing you what the CNC can do.. Hate to have to program it...

Dan

Mold making....