Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: pinto ignition wiring
FASTdan

posted on 6/8/08 at 07:00 AM Reply With Quote
pinto ignition wiring

I am currently finishing someone elses MK build with a 2.0 pinto (E reg injection donour sierra). The loom is in (premier I believe) but so far the only thing that appears connected is the ignition barrel. My first aim is simply to get the ignition and starter circuits working so I can get the car movable.

I have been provided with a transit dizzy and ignition module - the guy told me these are what is required to run this engine in a basic form (as previously it would have been engine management). Are there any wiring diagrams for these bits available? What coil is suitable? You will have to forgive my ignorance, im very new to this!

Guidance would be very appreciated! I had a search on the subject but to no avail (maybe im not using the search function correctly.

NOTE:This user is registered as a LocostBuilders trader and may offer commercial services to other users
nick205

posted on 6/8/08 at 08:17 AM Reply With Quote
Is it still in EFI form or has it been changed to carb(s)?

Does this help?

Ford IGN wiring
Ford IGN wiring

FASTdan

posted on 6/8/08 at 10:30 AM Reply With Quote
yes, sorry should have mentioned that. Its got twin dellorto's on it - all the old management binned.

That diagram looks like it might be useful thanks. Does the transit dizzy + module (or amplifier as shown on diagram) sound right?

NOTE:This user is registered as a LocostBuilders trader and may offer commercial services to other users
nick205

posted on 6/8/08 at 10:44 AM Reply With Quote
Not sure if there's any difference between Transit and Sierra dizzy and amp, but the part number on my Sierra sourced amp is...

Motorcraft
83BB 12A199 B3A

bob

posted on 6/8/08 at 12:11 PM Reply With Quote
Transit electronic dizzy should be fine, same as i used on my pinto set up. Its a cheap entry level into pointless ign.

Here is diag as my wiring was, didnt use the white wire, probs the same as nicks.Image deleted by owner

bob

posted on 6/8/08 at 12:11 PM Reply With Quote
Amp as this Rescued attachment for sale0586.JPG
Rescued attachment for sale0586.JPG

FASTdan

posted on 6/8/08 at 12:54 PM Reply With Quote
Hi Bob,

that looks like the one I have, good to hear I'm on the right track then. I may upgrade in the future but this seems like a good place to start to get the car running.

thanks for the info guys, I'll post back when I get stuck lol.

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.