Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: R1 5PW Wiring Question
Pdlewis

posted on 12/5/08 at 09:06 AM Reply With Quote
R1 5PW Wiring Question

Hello,

Would anyone have a picture / document which tells you the what each ECU wire is for (by pin number)? I have been dissmembering my loom as it wasnt complete when i got it and have a white wire which goes from the starter relay to the ECU but i can work out which ECU pin it attaches to as I have identified most of them now.

Also is the air temp sensor an import part of the system? (as im missing it)

ko_racer

posted on 12/5/08 at 09:18 AM Reply With Quote
I've only got the Yamaha wiring diagram which I'd guess you already have. Not quite sure what the white wire does but at a gues I'd say it's the permananet ecu feed.

Might be worth phoning Yamaha tech and asking them what pin it goes to. The number is the yamaha head office one, just ask for tech dept. They can sometimes be quite helpfull.

What do you need to know the pin for? Have you taken the ecu connector apart?

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Pdlewis

posted on 12/5/08 at 09:22 AM Reply With Quote
No ive not taken it to bits but one of the wires (the one I think it is) has a connector attached to it and almost none of the original cable so i cant tell if its the right colour
worX

posted on 12/5/08 at 10:33 AM Reply With Quote
Have you identified your Oil Level Sender wire yet?

Steve

markyb

posted on 12/5/08 at 11:08 AM Reply With Quote
I have started the wiring on my R1 and am using this as my guide. According to the site the air temp sensor (number 26) is required by the ECU but does not say why.

I dont have a clue about electric so hopefully someone else will be along to help

[Edited on 12/5/08 by markyb]

CRAIGR
Contributor

Posts 2760
Registered 30/8/05
Location Sussex

Photo Archive Go!
Building: Built v8 striker/blade fury/ R1 westy,now zetec we

posted on 12/5/08 at 11:48 AM Reply With Quote
Not sure if this will help
http://dsr.racer.net/engines/yamaha_yzfr1.htm

nstrug

posted on 12/5/08 at 12:17 PM Reply With Quote
http://www.robcollingridge.com/kitcar/design/engine/WiringDiagram.pdf
http://www.robcollingridge.com/kitcar/design/engine/Haynes_R1_2003.jpg

You should be able to identify where the white wire goes from the first diagram (which is the workshop manual one). It is needed as this is actually the power for the ECU (taken from the injection fuse side of the starter solenoid).

The air temp sensor is definitely needed as it is used by the ECU, along with manifold air pressure sensor and ambient air pressure sensor to calculate the air density.

Air density, throttle position and RPM are then used to calculate injector opening.

The ECU also uses coolant temp to moderate the injector opening (basically to enrich at startup).

Note also that you MUST have the speed sensor connected, even if you aren't using it. Its used by the ignition circuit.

Basically, you must have all sensors connected EXCEPT for the oil level sensor and EXUP actuator, which you can safely ditch.

I really recommend that you buy the workshop manual, which some bloke sells on CD on ebay. It has an excellent explanation as to how the ECU uses all the inputs, as well as comprehensive wiring diagrams.

I used everything except the oil level sensor (didn't fit with my baffle) and the EXUP (which I ditched). I used a Digidash which came with its own oil pressure, oil temp and water temp sensors and put those in.

Nick

Jubal

posted on 12/5/08 at 12:44 PM Reply With Quote
Here's the pins: Rescued attachment ecu.jpg
Rescued attachment ecu.jpg

progers

posted on 12/5/08 at 01:48 PM Reply With Quote
Hi There,

Drop me a line at progers63@btopenworld.com and I will send you a document that describes the ECU pins complete with diagram

Cheers

Paul

[Edited on 12/5/08 by progers]

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.