Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Recommend me some headlights
K999NNY

posted on 23/2/08 at 10:00 PM Reply With Quote
Recommend me some headlights

Looking to purchase some new lights for my GTS W7DE as the ones that came with the car are corroded inside and I doubt they'd pass an SVA or MOT. Not looking to spend a fortune and dont wont a apir of bin lids with strip lights attached, looking to go as small as legally possible. Any advice appreciated and u2u me if anyone is selling second hand ones in decent nick.

Cheers

Hellfire

posted on 23/2/08 at 10:15 PM Reply With Quote
The smallest SVA compliant headlights you can get are 5.75"

When it comes to headlights, you get what you pay for and IMO you won't get better value for money than SVC

Phil

K999NNY

posted on 23/2/08 at 10:17 PM Reply With Quote
Yes thought they looked quite good.

Thanks

SeaBass

posted on 23/2/08 at 10:45 PM Reply With Quote
Another vote for SVC. Top Chaps.

stevec

posted on 23/2/08 at 11:44 PM Reply With Quote
Me too, Good quality and very bright with the bulb upgrade.
Steve.

blakep82

posted on 24/2/08 at 12:05 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Hellfire

When it comes to headlights, you get what you pay for and IMO you won't get better value for money than SVC

Phil

is that to say, 5.75" is the smallest SVA compliant, or 5.75 is the smallest sva complaint lamp for 7 style headlights? if that makes sense

IVA manual link http://www.businesslink.gov.uk/bdotg/action/detail?type=RESOURCES&itemId=1081997083

don't write OT on a new thread title, you're creating the topic, everything you write is very much ON topic!

iank

posted on 24/2/08 at 12:25 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by blakep82
quote:
Originally posted by Hellfire

Phil

is that to say, 5.75" is the smallest SVA compliant, or 5.75 is the smallest sva complaint lamp for 7 style headlights? if that makes sense

5.75" is the smallest size currently available for the bowl shaped lamps that are known to be a certain pass.

There are 110mm motorbike lamps that some have modified that seem to have been passed by SVA stations (whether in error or correctly who knows as others have failed with the same mods). SVC sell them for racing use only. They don't have the correct dip arrow markings on the lens but do have an e mark (for motorbike use)

SVC sell some 90mm projector lamps that might be a possible for your truck, a bit expensive, but I don't know what options you have.

--
Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level, then beat you with experience.
Anonymous

blakep82

posted on 24/2/08 at 12:28 AM Reply With Quote
^ i thought of those hella lights. £90 a pair which is fine, but you have to have 4 i think. i'll have another look.
i was getting worried that lights had to be at least 5.75" for SVA or something...

IVA manual link http://www.businesslink.gov.uk/bdotg/action/detail?type=RESOURCES&itemId=1081997083

don't write OT on a new thread title, you're creating the topic, everything you write is very much ON topic!

iank

posted on 24/2/08 at 12:33 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by blakep82
^ i thought of those hella lights. £90 a pair which is fine, but you have to have 4 i think. i'll have another look.
i was getting worried that lights had to be at least 5.75" for SVA or something...

Yes you need 4 I think, 2 sides+main, 2 dip.

On the size it's all down to the beam pattern. Just no bugger will make smaller that dip to the left as there isn't a big enough market - allegedly.

SVC tried to have some made. See Steve @ SVC's post in this thread
http://www.locostbuilders.co.uk/viewthread.php?tid=18899

[Edited on 24/2/08 by iank]

--
Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level, then beat you with experience.
Anonymous

blakep82

posted on 24/2/08 at 12:53 AM Reply With Quote
i'll be going with the hella lights then. a bit more expensive than i'd like (over £200) but they'll look the dogs

PAUL FISHER

posted on 24/2/08 at 03:49 AM Reply With Quote
Another vote for SVC,Ive got the 5.75's fitted to mineImage deleted by owner
thepest

posted on 24/2/08 at 09:24 AM Reply With Quote
MNR do a nice powder coated set, plus they have the correct dip and arrows. Mine passed with them.
thunderace

posted on 24/2/08 at 10:08 AM Reply With Quote
i have this set but wont pass an mot or sva.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/DOUBLE-OVAL-STREETFIGHTER-HEADLIGHT-TRIKE-BIKER-GSXR_W0QQitemZ310025358907QQihZ021QQcategoryZ25628QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZV iewItem

saigonij

posted on 24/2/08 at 10:43 AM Reply With Quote
hella SVA approved lights.

bit different from the norm.

Description
Description

Mix

posted on 24/2/08 at 01:52 PM Reply With Quote
A slight hijack here, but could anyone direct me to some photos of SVC AS 1267 5.75 headlights fitted, I'm about to commit to spending the cash but would like confirmation that they will look like I think they will.

Thanks Mick

blakep82

posted on 24/2/08 at 01:57 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Mix
A slight hijack here, but could anyone direct me to some photos of SVC AS 1267 5.75 headlights fitted, I'm about to commit to spending the cash but would like confirmation that they will look like I think they will.

Thanks Mick

er, top post on this page?

Mix

posted on 24/2/08 at 01:59 PM Reply With Quote
Er don't think so, ........ or I was right to ask

Mick

iank

posted on 24/2/08 at 04:40 PM Reply With Quote
The chrome ones? If so I think those are the ones on team Hellfire's car. Click the www link on their message and select gallery on their site for more pictures.

--
Anonymous

ragindave

posted on 8/3/08 at 12:47 AM Reply With Quote
Headlamps

Busters motorcycles they are a bit cheaper
http://www.busters-accessories.co.uk/proddetail.asp?prod=THLBMBK

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.