Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Buy your own rolling road?
caber

posted on 22/11/06 at 07:18 PM Reply With Quote
Buy your own rolling road?

Has anyone seen or tried these things?
Linky

Looks like it could be very useful for setting up or re-tuning.

Caber Rescued attachment dynoplus-small.jpg
Rescued attachment dynoplus-small.jpg

Paul (Notts)

posted on 22/11/06 at 07:34 PM Reply With Quote
My veypor2 display does the same thing plus lots more eg - drag as well as acting as a speedo and tacho. It uses both accelerometers and wheel speed data so its a little more accurate.

Looking forward to testing it out when the car is actually finished

not sure how you are ment to find the long flat streches of road that are required for some of the Drag coefficient tests though!

Paul

dead sierra

posted on 22/11/06 at 08:23 PM Reply With Quote
I have one and its good but it is very sensitive and can be a little hard to get reliable readings.
smart51

posted on 23/11/06 at 09:08 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Paul (Notts)
not sure how you are ment to find the long flat streches of road that are required for some of the Drag coefficient tests though!

I know of one. Its at MIRA though so you can't get in. I guess you find one that is almost level, do the test both ways and compare the results. Or you could go to Norfolk.

chriscook

posted on 23/11/06 at 05:37 PM Reply With Quote
quote:

I know of one. Its at MIRA though so you can't get in. I guess you find one that is almost level, do the test both ways and compare the results. Or you could go to Norfolk.

I can, drove on it today in fact

To get anything like reliable coast down tests you need a long horizontal road, low wind, and temperature and pressure within bounds. Do it both directions several times. Make sure your brakes don't drag, tyre pressures are all correct, and changing tyres will change the results (even the difference between new and worn). Oh and a decent piece of kit like a V-Box or Datron to take the measurements...

Having said that I'm sure these types of pieces of kit can be useful provided you are sensible in your experimental technique. Do as best as you can to do the above and carry out lots of repeats and don't believe small differences if looking for improvements.

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.