Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Premier Wiring loom again...sorry
jonbeedle

posted on 24/7/05 at 10:15 AM Reply With Quote
Premier Wiring loom again...sorry

Last bit now guys. I have four wires with spade connectors and a multi plug. I don't know where they connect to
The four wires are white, yellow, red/yellow and red/white. I think the red/yellow and red/white are permanent lives and I think the white and the yellow wires are something to do with the dip and main beams, as for the multi plug, who knows? Here's a photo.

[Edited on 25/7/05 by jonbeedle] Rescued attachment Loom2.JPG
Rescued attachment Loom2.JPG

"Everyone is entitled to an opinion however stupid!"

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
jonbeedle

posted on 24/7/05 at 10:18 AM Reply With Quote
I hope someone can point me in the right direction as this is the last bit and I can then start the car (assuming the rest of the wiring is right)
I would have asked Premier man himself but I can't get hold of him. Perhaps he's emigrated
Cheers
Jon

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
bob

posted on 24/7/05 at 10:32 AM Reply With Quote
jon i'm looking through my premier plans now,yes your right white = main beam and yellow =dip.If i can remember right the only wires i had tha twere pre crimped with connectoers were the feeds to the relays which are incomplete because of differences in the switchgear on the column.

I've got red/yellow down as horn

bob

posted on 24/7/05 at 10:36 AM Reply With Quote
According to my info red/white if its a thicker wire should go to terminal 30 on the lighting relay,the red/yellow goes to terminal 86.

so disregard the earlier quote od red/yellow being horn.

The wiring does though depend on your switchgea,there are two types listed in the premier instructions 83bg and 87bg.

As for the white multiplug it looks like front loom/indicators but i'm in the garage this afternoon so i'll have a look

[Edited on 24/7/05 by bob]

jonbeedle

posted on 24/7/05 at 12:43 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by bob
According to my info red/white if its a thicker wire should go to terminal 30 on the lighting relay,the red/yellow goes to terminal 86.

so disregard the earlier quote od red/yellow being horn.

The wiring does though depend on your switchgea,there are two types listed in the premier instructions 83bg and 87bg.

As for the white multiplug it looks like front loom/indicators but i'm in the garage this afternoon so i'll have a look

Hi Bob,
I haven't got my relays yet but they plug into relay holders so how can I plug the red/yellow and red/white wires into the relays? Also Where do the yellow and white wires plug in as I seem to have connected all my lighting wires? I have connected my lights up and there are yellow and white wires already wired into the relay bases and my light switch is already wired.
Regarding the multiplug, I can only assume it's for the side repeaters, if indeed it is for indicators, because all my indicators (apart from the side repeaters) are already wired. It's confusing because everything seems to be wired and these wires are left over, they must go somewhere, either that or I've got something wrong.
Cheers
Jon

[Edited on 24/7/05 by jonbeedle]

Ben_Copeland

posted on 24/7/05 at 01:15 PM Reply With Quote
What about the heater wiring? The GTS car that we built at detling show had the premier wiring loom and it had redundant wires for the heater, possible rear demister too... but not sure.

Might be barking up the wrong tree mind.

Ben

Locost Map on Google Maps

Z20LET Astra Turbo, into a Haynes Roadster

Enter Your Details Here
http://www.facebook.com/EquinoxProducts for all your bodywork needs!

jonbeedle

posted on 24/7/05 at 01:51 PM Reply With Quote
It's a thought but I had my loom specially made and I told them no wipers, screen wash, heaters, electric windows etc
I really need to talk to Premier man. Does anyone know where he is?

Ben_Copeland

posted on 24/7/05 at 03:33 PM Reply With Quote
On holiday last time i heard. Though thought they'd be back by now

Ben

Enter Your Details Here

Deckman001

posted on 24/7/05 at 04:06 PM Reply With Quote
Where abouts on the loom is this group of cables ?? As bob says it might depend on the type of switchgear you are using, ie switched earth switches or switched live switches(all on the collumn)

Jason

bob

posted on 24/7/05 at 05:22 PM Reply With Quote
Jon

Because you had the loom specially made maybe my info sheet is different,my relay holders were partly wired and yellow white red/white and red/yellow were added as per the instruction sheet.

They may well be redundant wires if the loom was made as a special.

As for the white multiplug mine was not pre wired and ended up the connection for n/s side repeaters and accessories.

sorry i cant help much more than this.

johnjulie

posted on 24/7/05 at 05:32 PM Reply With Quote
DIDN'T YOU GUYS GET A DECENT WIRING DIAGRAM WITH YOUR LOOMS??
Cheers John

jonbeedle

posted on 25/7/05 at 12:03 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by johnjulie
Cheers John

No that's why I'm asking you guys!

jonbeedle

posted on 25/7/05 at 12:07 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Deckman001
Where abouts on the loom is this group of cables ?? As bob says it might depend on the type of switchgear you are using, ie switched earth switches or switched live switches(all on the collumn)

Jason

This group of cables is on the bulkhead in front of the scuttle, next to the battery.

I think it's going to be a case of connecting up the battery and seeing what works and what doesn't !
Cheers
Jon

Ben_Copeland

posted on 25/7/05 at 06:39 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by johnjulie
Cheers John

No need to shout

Ben

Enter Your Details Here

Peteff

posted on 25/7/05 at 09:33 AM Reply With Quote
No diagram.

The one I helped Neil with only had some laminated sheets of instructions with it but we got everything working. I wired him an override fan switch in, but apart from that it wasn't too painful. Therre was a spare connector block on the loom for dash wiring which we didn't use as he fitted a set of VDO gauges.

yours, Pete

I went into the RSPCA office the other day. It was so small you could hardly swing a cat in there.

James

posted on 25/7/05 at 10:01 AM Reply With Quote
There are two white multi-plugs on my Sierra loom. One at each end of the central loom (ie. underneath each end of the scuttle!). According to the laminated sheet they are for side indicators plus a few other accessories such as I.C.E and other stuff.

There are no crimped wires like those on my loom! I wouldn't wanna use those crimps anyway as they're not insulated!

Jon, if you're still stuck then I can look at the data sheets when I get home but I'm sure they're the same as Bob's.

Cheers,
James

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"The fight is won or lost far away from witnesses, behind the lines, in the gym and out there on the road, long before I dance under those lights." - Muhammad Ali

omega 24 v6

posted on 25/7/05 at 10:17 AM Reply With Quote

There are no crimped wires like those on my loom! I wouldn't wanna use those crimps anyway as they're not insulated!

Cheers,
James

I would agree with an earlier post about them being for a relay mounting block and they're not insulated because of that. They have got the bendy tab locking things (Technical phrase don't you know)on them for locating in the blocks.
The 2 thicker ones will be for terminals 87 and 30 and the thinner ones for 85 and 86.
This is just a generalization as i am not at all familiar with this loom.
If in doubt you could always connect them with a fuse in each wire at least then it won't all go up in smoke.

James

posted on 25/7/05 at 11:05 AM Reply With Quote
Doh! Yes, of course- thought they were external ones as I didn't see the "bendy locky tabby things"!

Jon,
On the plastic info sheet there is info about where to plug these into on the relay holders- depending on what relays you have.

Cheers,
James

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"The fight is won or lost far away from witnesses, behind the lines, in the gym and out there on the road, long before I dance under those lights." - Muhammad Ali

bob

posted on 25/7/05 at 12:04 PM Reply With Quote
Jon,
On the plastic info sheet there is info about where to plug these into on the relay holders- depending on what relays you have.

Cheers,
James

Relays are relays it depends on the sierra column switch gear age,the laminated information sheet should tell you all.

But........ it sounds like jon has no info

jonbeedle

posted on 25/7/05 at 01:12 PM Reply With Quote
DOH!!!!
I forgot about the laminated sheet. I've been using the other paperwork and forgot there is a load of additional info on the laminated sheet. I'll have a look now
Cheers
Jon

bob

posted on 25/7/05 at 01:29 PM Reply With Quote
Oh well alls well thats ends well,you should be ok jon i was begining tothink you wasnt supplied with the full instructions.

jonbeedle

posted on 25/7/05 at 07:05 PM Reply With Quote
......and I spoke to Alan the Premier man today and everything is ok ....apart from me blowing three fuses when I powered up the loom...DOH!!!! Never mind I know where I went wrong.
Thanks for all your help chaps.
Cheers
Jon

omega 24 v6

posted on 25/7/05 at 07:27 PM Reply With Quote
Well done John that'll be another headache cured

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.