Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: MS Extra Code now loaded
MakeEverything

posted on 20/7/10 at 11:01 PM Reply With Quote
MS Extra Code now loaded

Over the last day or so (on and off) ive been playing with my megasquirt (i can hear you giggling).

It seems that there are ways of controlling boost as well as Nitrous by utilising the existing outputs, to the detriment of "Nice to haves" such as Fast Idle control etc. The FIDLE output would be the output for controlling a boost solenoid.

Ive also spent most of tonight changing over my laptop because i broke my old one this afternoon. Having done this, i thought i should really get the megasquirt software on and make sure it all talks together. So ive been doing this, and whilst doing so realised how easy it would to upgrade the megasquirt firmware / bootloader software from MS2 to MS2/Extra.

Anyway, long story short, its all done. I found a problem with the stimulator unit that i need to get sorted out but other than that, its all done.

Screenshot
Screenshot

Spec of my ECU is now;

MS2.2 Main board
V3.1 Daughter Board and chip
V2.1.0d Firmware with EXTRA code

And ill be using MegaTune 2.25 to get it all going.

Kindest Regards,
Richard.

...You can make it foolProof, but youll never make it Idiot Proof!...

snapper

posted on 21/7/10 at 05:52 AM Reply With Quote
what you need to do is to start a blog with the complete set up process so numty's like me who are considering going EFI...........Please

I eat to survive
I drink to forget
I breath to pi55 my ex wife off (and now my ex partner)

MakeEverything

posted on 21/7/10 at 06:48 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by snapper
what you need to do is to start a blog with the complete set up process so numty's like me who are considering going EFI...........Please

Planning on Megasquirting the Mondeo??

Ive got a blog on the Renault forum HERE.

Its not a complete breakdown of steps, but more of an update for the renault guys. Supercharging instead of turbocharging is an interesting experiment for them.

In all seriousness too, dont be scared of it. The megamanual is really confusing, but all you need to understand is what you have when you get it, by playing with the software and ECU. Youll need a stim for this, but its well worth the play time.

My advice would be to get one thats already built, and as up to date as possible to start with. The newer versions get easier in terms of functionality settings etc.

[Edited on 21-7-10 by MakeEverything]

Kindest Regards,
Richard.

...You can make it foolProof, but youll never make it Idiot Proof!...

snapper

posted on 21/7/10 at 10:50 AM Reply With Quote
The Pinto is nearly ready, Cosworth rods V6 pistons modded to fit, heavily modded head (had trouble getting the compression back to sensible levels) RL31 cam ( yes RL not FR) RS2000 sump with Cosworth 2wd pickup modded to fit and lots of other little enhancements.
Have bike carbs already but will need another project when this is and thought EFI

I eat to survive
I drink to forget
I breath to pi55 my ex wife off (and now my ex partner)

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.