Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Easiest way to wire this ECU to get a spark?
leemarkadams

posted on 17/8/09 at 08:09 AM Reply With Quote
Easiest way to wire this ECU to get a spark?

Right, looking at a different tack regarding my car and the no sparking/fuel pump issues.

What is the easiest to wire in the ICU in the diagram below to get it to produce a spark , then I could run a seperate switch for the fuel pump, thus bypassing the relay:

correct loom
correct loom

What I mean is to use as little wiring as possible and bypass as much of the safety features as possible.........

Just a thought

Lee

RickRick

posted on 17/8/09 at 09:21 AM Reply With Quote
i'd say you need a 12v feed to coil and fuel pump
the 2 that would probably cause a problem are the black wire going to the cyclock thingy and the blue red to the icu you'd have to work out they send out blue red looks like it's a 12v feed from the icu to run the pump for the 7 seconds but not 100%

t16turbotone

posted on 17/8/09 at 12:26 PM Reply With Quote
hi, could we recap a little, am i right in saying starter motor works but no fuel or sparks?
speed8

posted on 17/8/09 at 01:10 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by t16turbotone
hi, could we recap a little, am i right in saying starter motor works but no fuel or sparks?

Correct, but I think the lack of spark has nothing to do with that unit on a '99. It might do on later ones but not on the early ones.

I'm wondering about the earth wire from the ICU as that could cause all the problems mentioned as the ICU just simply wouldn't work. Or the 12V feed into the ICU

leemarkadams

posted on 17/8/09 at 06:07 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by speed8
quote:
Originally posted by t16turbotone

Correct, but I think the lack of spark has nothing to do with that unit on a '99. It might do on later ones but not on the early ones.

I'm wondering about the earth wire from the ICU as that could cause all the problems mentioned as the ICU just simply wouldn't work. Or the 12V feed into the ICU

Have looked at those and they seem ok......

leemarkadams

posted on 18/8/09 at 05:49 PM Reply With Quote
Just to clarify, as long as I have power, earth, inputs ( tps, exup etc..) and coonected to the coils it should spark, assuming the engine sensors etc are ok?

Lee

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.