Board logo

Lighting
Davey D - 3/4/08 at 11:20 AM

Im looking around at all the usual places to pick some headlights, and Tail lights for the VortX.

I like the Headlights at the top of this page.. The 110mm ones...are they SVA-ok?

http://www.premierwiring.co.uk/index.php?module=Website&action=Text&content=1133393686882-8823&parentContent=1133392767901-3830

and has anyone else used the PEREI "free form" lens lamps which are a bit further down the page? if so do you have any pictures of them fitted?

Thanks

Hellfire - 3/4/08 at 11:38 AM

With regard to the headlights, the 110mm dia headlights will not/should not pass SVA without some major work on the lenses. They are made for motorcycles and have the wrong beam pattern. They also have the incorrect marking on the lens.

Having said that, there are people who claim to have passed SVA with these headlights. Your decision I guess but personally I'd fit some proper ones.

Phil

Davey D - 3/4/08 at 11:56 AM

In that case, would the:

SATURNUS 5¾" black headlamp £55.00 pair

a bit lower down be ok?

coozer - 3/4/08 at 12:14 PM

Got mine from MNR, can you not?

Davey D - 3/4/08 at 12:32 PM

How much were yours from MNR?

iscmatt - 3/4/08 at 12:33 PM

I passed SVA with the 110mm ones. i did a small modification which involved turning the lens in its housing about 4/5 degrees so that the beam was directed to the curb. Only required the loosening of a screw to loosen the casing and then turn the lens.

Of course this was my experience and others may think/had experience that does not agree.

PAUL FISHER - 3/4/08 at 01:05 PM

and has anyone else used the PEREI "free form" lens lamps which are a bit further down the page? if so do you have any pictures of them fitted?

Thanks

These are the perei,free form lamps fitted,supplied by premier wiring

Davey D - 3/4/08 at 01:15 PM

Excellent.. thanks for that

Ill be getting some of those then. Do they come with the spacer rings, and bulbholder/wiring?

Also i see you have a different spacer on the foglight. did it come with that one, or did you buy it separate?

PAUL FISHER - 3/4/08 at 01:37 PM

oop's,sorry,mine are not the free form,mine are the led type,of the same lamp,the ones just below of there webb page,but they look the same when fitted anyway,they just fit flush with the wing,and they just have the wiring tails out of the rear of the unit,the fog lamp housing I bought from car builder solutions.

graememk - 3/4/08 at 02:49 PM

how about a set of jcb lights ?

graememksvafront
graememksvafront

coozer - 3/4/08 at 03:32 PM

if I remember rightly a full set front and back for £180? Mind the headlamps were used.....

Steve @ sVc - 15/4/08 at 03:01 PM

There are many companies selling these 95mm lights. Please make sure they have the right angled connectors at the rear - otherwise they will probably foul the rear wheel.
Also ask the supplier if the wiring connectors are included in the price.
Best wishes
steve @ sVc