Board logo

lower battery needed
graememk - 13/8/07 at 09:57 PM

i have a normal car battery in my indy and its to tall, i'm looking for something the same size but more "squot" lower, the width and depth is fine.

and ideas ?

graememkengine2
graememkengine2

[Edited on 13/8/07 by graememk]

ned - 13/8/07 at 09:59 PM

get a gel one, you can put them on their side, pricey but smaller and lighter and easier to fit.

Ned.

mookaloid - 13/8/07 at 10:12 PM

quote:
Originally posted by graememk
i have a normal car battery in my indy and its to tall, i'm looking for something the same size but more "squot" lower, the width and depth is fine.

and ideas ?

graememkengine2
graememkengine2

[Edited on 13/8/07 by graememk]

Just having a look at that engine - it's a plumbers nightmare

Cheers

Mark

graememk - 13/8/07 at 10:19 PM

your right, however the reason for the new battery is because i've stripped the engine wiring and started a neeter job

Chippy - 13/8/07 at 10:32 PM

Why not make up a tray, a couple of inches deep, and drop it into the panel, so the battery hangs down into the passenger footwell. Just thinking lateraly. Cheers Ray

MikeRJ - 13/8/07 at 10:37 PM

quote:
Originally posted by mangogrooveworkshop
Dont even try that one......gel ok on side no

I've seen lots of them mounted on their side? IN fact from Odysseys website it says "The ODYSSEY® battery may be installed in any orientation except inverted without sacrificing any performance attributes"

saigonij - 14/8/07 at 07:16 AM

A Ford Probe battery is very shallow because of the sloping nose.

i had a ford probe ( drag your minds out of the gutter ) and i can tell you that the only battery was a probe one, cause they are short!

expensive though..... cause only used on probes

v8kid - 14/8/07 at 10:18 AM

I've got an Oddesy battery on its side and it spins a V8 no problem. There were quality control issues with another manufacturer.

speedyxjs - 14/8/07 at 02:29 PM

The one from my donor xj40 was very small indeed. strange scince the one in my x300 is HUGE