Board logo

RV8 dizzy wires
Paul (Notts) - 12/3/07 at 04:47 PM

OK ..Just need to finish the wires of to the coil and I am ready to start the engine

Last couple are the two from the dizzy..One white and one white/Black - where do they go?

Paul Rescued attachment nov06 047.jpg
Rescued attachment nov06 047.jpg

scutter - 12/3/07 at 05:15 PM

I'd say white is from the Ignition live and the black/white is a speed signal either to the ECU or as quoted from the haynes "ignition pick up point!!"

Info gained from here TVR wedge pages

ATB Dan.

[Edited on 12/3/07 by scutter]

DIY Si - 12/3/07 at 05:36 PM

I'd guess one is earth the other is the signal wire to the coil, if it's anything like my mates rangie. Can't remember which is which, but a simple try it and see should sort them out.

Paul (Notts) - 12/3/07 at 05:37 PM

So as I see it ( which could be wrong!!)

The white is connected to a positive feed from the ignition and the same feed goes to the coil +

The white black is connected via the coil to and earth?

Agriv8 - 12/3/07 at 05:40 PM

Paul,

White black is feed to the EFI brain if Fitted if it is it needs a resistor in the wire or you will fry the EFI brain.

The white one to the Coil Neg - ( i think but let me check that )

I have it in this blasted computer somwhere and it hidden it from me
regards

Agriv8

robinj66 - 12/3/07 at 06:41 PM

White goes to Coil POSITIVE ; White/Black goes to coil NEGATIVE assuming that's a 35DLM8 which it looks like it is

mark chandler - 12/3/07 at 09:46 PM

I concur on that, both go to the coil. Good to see the wires have gone brittle, living up to BL standards !

Paradoxia0 - 12/3/07 at 09:47 PM

Hi Paul

I kind of agree with robinj66.

Looking in the Rover manual it shows a red and black going to the ballast resistor +ve then onto the coil +ve (same terminal on ballast resistor as ignition key live which is white like all other rover ignition +ves). The white and black then goes directly to the coil -ve.

Also, checking the mallory website instructions I found this http://go.mrgasket.com/pdf/Unilite_Wiring.pdf which agrees totally with that.

Enjoy the first clap of thunder form the engine - it will make you smile for days!

Mark

Agriv8 - 13/3/07 at 02:29 PM

New I had it somewhere ( hidden in one of my RR PDF mannuals

doesnt help with the wire colours but shows the idea

dizzie
dizzie

Regards

Agriv8