Board logo

Front indicator Position.
coozer - 24/1/07 at 05:37 PM

My old Striker had the front indicators under the front headlamp. I see that nobody else puts them there anymore.
Does the position pose any problems with SVA??
I think they look good there leaving the nose relevantly clean. Rescued attachment Indicator.JPG
Rescued attachment Indicator.JPG

Humbug - 24/1/07 at 05:59 PM

I have put mine there now, but it was after SVA. For SVA I had indicators on teh wings. Stuart Taylors have a mounting point under the headlamp, but I think it is too far inboard to pass SVA. You need to check the SVA regs for height, distance from the outside of the car - 400mm max, I think, and the outside is likely the rear wheel arches - and visibility from the front.

I'm sure a search in here would give the measurements if you haven't got a manual

[Edited on 24.01.2007 by Humbug]

coozer - 24/1/07 at 06:06 PM

I've got the measurements but it is purely from the centre of the car. Can't see anything about 'depth' into the vehicle.
Surely its the same for headlights and indicators.
Here to be educated

stevec - 24/1/07 at 06:08 PM

this was covered the other day, try search.
http://www.locostbuilders.co.uk/viewthread.php?tid=58950

coozer - 24/1/07 at 06:32 PM

Yes, saw the thread and that's where I got the dimensions from on the Westy website.

My question is, is there any reason/problem with putting them under the headlight for SVA?

Guinness - 24/1/07 at 06:35 PM

Don't quote me on this but I had these two diagrams when I was positioning my lights.

Light Angles
Light Angles

and

Light Angles Side
Light Angles Side

Which I think are relevant here.

HTH

Mike

stevec - 24/1/07 at 06:37 PM

Dont see a problem as long as they are within the measurements. Remember its the widest part of the car which will probably be the back.
Steve.

Peteff - 24/1/07 at 07:41 PM

If they're too far back the nosecone blocks them for the 45° from the front.