Board logo

cheap alternator for pinto engined cars
ayoungman - 15/1/07 at 11:18 PM

I've bought a new alternator from Paddock motor factors.

Paddock Landrover motor spares

The alternator hangs on the other side of the engin on the Landy, so by undoing the three bolts that hold the ends on, you can rotate the end 120 degree.
This makes the brackets correct for it to hang on the other side, as needed for the Pinto . 5 minute job, plus it fits in the Avon with plenty of clearance too ! Rescued attachment alternator before.JPG
Rescued attachment alternator before.JPG

ayoungman - 15/1/07 at 11:19 PM

To this Rescued attachment alternator after.JPG
Rescued attachment alternator after.JPG

marshall - 16/1/07 at 07:06 AM

hi i have looked on the link what is under.
as i have a Tiger Avon it has a LRA101 alternator on it at the mow it is good to know were to get a spare.....

02GF74 - 16/1/07 at 09:23 AM

£ 30 ish .... is that new or recon? v. cheap.

macnab - 16/1/07 at 12:05 PM

looks like just what I need for the old diggers, cheers

ayoungman - 16/1/07 at 04:17 PM

they are brand new, not reconditioned in any way. My mate in the trade told me to steer clear of recon alternators. Apparently, the internals have been upwards of 2 or 3 times and that they frequently just get and acid bath dip to freshen them up. All that then happen is new electronics bolted on the end. It certainly explains why some recon alternators only seem to last a few years before they pack up. I've had one of these units running on my landrover for 3 years and it still going strong. Definately recommend them !

andyace - 16/1/07 at 08:45 PM

Sorry for my ignorance

What about the plug to connect it to the loom, is this the same as a pinto plug ?

Also what bracket does it require? will a standard pinto one work?

Many thanks, Andy

macnab - 18/1/07 at 10:32 AM

yip thats the type used on the old fords.

2 lives and the battery charge light

[Edited on 18/1/07 by macnab]