Board logo

battery isolator switch
nige - 3/5/12 at 04:32 PM

where have people fitted a battery isolator switch
on a road car

cheers nige

snowy2 - 3/5/12 at 04:39 PM

On one of my cars beside the battery. on another one on the transmission tunnel.

bi22le - 3/5/12 at 05:37 PM

Raw strikers have a kind of glove box bit, mine is in there.

Proby - 3/5/12 at 05:43 PM

Under the dash!

nige - 3/5/12 at 06:23 PM

when you say under the dash do you mean
facing down or maybe at the right hand side of the steering wheel
in the excempt area

Proby - 3/5/12 at 06:40 PM

Mine is mounted on the passenger side behind the dash, on the rear of the scuttle, you can't see it but easy to reach under and isolate it when you know where it is.

coyoteboy - 3/5/12 at 11:46 PM

What've you all got against putting it in plain sight? Do you use it as a hidden security, or do you just not want people messing with it?

RK - 4/5/12 at 02:57 AM

I put mine under the bonnet, on a tray above the transmission tunnel. This was chosen only because this was how long my batter cables would reach, and I didn't feel like spending more money on expensive long ones.

tul214 - 4/5/12 at 05:27 AM

Same as Caterham;
mirror2
mirror2

flibble - 4/5/12 at 07:47 AM

Moved mine from the side of the scuttle to under the dash, partly as hidden security and partly because some tit switched it off when they walked past as I was sat in traffic

RK - 4/5/12 at 12:28 PM

I'm sorry, but that made my day! We can all imagine it!

flibble - 4/5/12 at 12:38 PM

I'd have been less amused if he'd ran off with the key, getting out of a harness and climbing out of low car to run after someone quickly is quite an effort!

Not Anumber - 16/5/12 at 02:31 PM

Mine is under the passenger side dash but I am thinking of reloacting it next to the battery as i need to create some under dash space for a heater.
Anyone know if this is a no- no, whether the point of having a battery cut off switch is that it must be instantly accessible ?

RK - 16/5/12 at 04:04 PM

only if you are racing, where I believe it has to be reachable for the driver and a worker, if necess. I MAY be wrong.

James - 18/5/12 at 02:39 AM

quote:
Originally posted by flibble
I'd have been less amused if he'd ran off with the key, getting out of a harness and climbing out of low car to run after someone quickly is quite an effort!

I'd have had some trouble not really hurting someone for doing that!

... and then probably getting in trouble with the Police!

Cheers,
James