Board logo

Electronic Dash
joemotion - 23/6/10 at 06:33 PM

Planning to overhaul my dash/dials in a few months and was wanting a few ideas / recommendations etc on electronic speedo etc. It would be to fit on a car engined kit.

saw a few on here but want some recommendations / piccys from people who have got one fitted - ease of installation etc

eddie99 - 23/6/10 at 06:37 PM

I went for an acewell dash in the end. I felt that it was one of the cheapest, but also felt that it looked the neatest and did all the things i wanted it too.
Got it from Russbost on here.
Check second last picture on this thread for how it looks in the car behind the steering wheel:

http://www.locostbuilders.co.uk/forum/30/viewthread.php?tid=64223

steve8274 - 23/6/10 at 08:55 PM

what dials have you got now? will you be selling?

joemotion - 23/6/10 at 09:20 PM

it wont be until winter until i look at it as going to put a carbon dash in etc (skills permitting). My current dash looks like this

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

flak monkey - 23/6/10 at 09:29 PM

How much do you want to spend?

I have an Aim MXL Pro which is very, very good. Well built and will take any sensors you want to connect up, data logs, fully programmable display, 6 programmable warning lights, fullt programmable shift lights etc etc

June 11
June 11

Downside is the price - but its far in excess of what you would get from any other digital dash

beaver34 - 23/6/10 at 10:07 PM

i run a race technology dash like the above handy if it will interface with your ecu less hassle like mine works with omex

Dave Bailey - 24/6/10 at 06:39 AM

Me too on the Race Tech dash.... linked to a DTA ECU through serial - Can