Board logo

Anyone brought these lights?
carlknight1982 - 22/11/09 at 04:22 PM

Any one brought a set of these lights, Im thinking it could go either way at that price, also are they IVA ok?

Linky

theconrodkid - 22/11/09 at 04:26 PM

they are from export land rovers afaik,i used them for my SVA with no probs but the bulb holder does poke out a long way so you may need a spacer like westies use

Daddylonglegs - 22/11/09 at 04:44 PM

I bought a set like tha (as single units) at Stafford last year. Cost me £22 for the lot iirc.

Not sure that is such a bargain on the bay?

Mind you, mine might not be the same quality as those but they seem OK to me.

Michael - 22/11/09 at 05:39 PM

I brought a set (sold singular) from Premier looms, but took them back as like as felt they would sit to close to the wheel if surface mounted.

I know have Multi lamps similar to Caterham.

dogwood - 22/11/09 at 05:54 PM

No prob's on mine.

I think AshG got a set from CBS and modded the socket so I did'nt sit so close to the wheel

David

mr henderson - 22/11/09 at 06:02 PM

quote:
Originally posted by carlknight1982
are they IVA ok?

Make sure the fog and reverse lights 'face squarely to the rear' widely interpreted to mean they need to be vertical, difficult to achieve on your average seven. Even the angled holders you can get from CBS etc don't allow enough angle to get them vertical.

andrew.carwithen - 22/11/09 at 06:44 PM

Got same fitted on mine and passed SVA fine.
Although I had to modify them as even with the mounting plinths, the tyre would rub on the indicators. (The tail lights were ok as they are inboard of the tyres.) So had to shorten the bulb holder section and remove the silicon to enable me to bend the contacts at right angles (before resealing with silicon) to give the necessary clearance. Rescued attachment 015.JPG
Rescued attachment 015.JPG

mr henderson - 22/11/09 at 09:30 PM

quote:
Originally posted by andrew.carwithen
Got same fitted on mine and passed SVA fine.

SVA ok in your case, IVA maybe not OK. In the IVA manual it does say "must face squarely to the rear" so if they slope the tester would be within his rights to fail them (although maybe he wouldn't)