Board logo

New LED Indicators - opinions please
russbost - 9/11/09 at 02:39 PM

Hi Guys

Would appreciate some opinions please, I have been offered these new LED indicators, which also contain front sidelamps & rear sidelamps & stoplamps - in other words everything you need other than headlamps & side repeaters. They would retail @ £39.95 a pair, £74.95 a set of 4.
They are "E" marked E11 & appear very good quality, not sure how realistically they could be fitted to the rear of a 7 tho'.
[img]

New indicators
New indicators
[/img]

[img]http://
[/img]

They are plastic housings, mount with a 8mm thread - the stem is 40mm, the lens measures 55 x 35mm.

Opinions & any comments please - they seemed like a good idea to me as they deal with all the "bitty" parts of the lighting in one hit - I shall almost certainly be stocking them anyway for the new Furore F1

nick205 - 9/11/09 at 02:48 PM

They look good to me and in terms of value for money they seem good if they meet all the rear lighting requirements (fog..?).

I would have thought they would me OK mounted on either side of the rear tub of a 7 type car, but would look a little odd (IMHO).

They might also be considered a little too small for the rear lighting as well.

gavin174 - 9/11/09 at 05:23 PM

would make nice marker lights on a trailer..

maybe a bit expensive for that though..

will you have a working set at exeter....

russbost - 9/11/09 at 06:39 PM

Yes, I'm intending to take a set to Exeter either on the car (if I have time) or separately to demo.

02GF74 - 9/11/09 at 08:11 PM

ok - misread that they wer as per title- just indicators.

ignore me and carry on.

[Edited on 10/11/09 by 02GF74]

40inches - 9/11/09 at 09:56 PM

" also contain front sidelamps & rear sidelamps & stoplamps - in other words everything you need other than headlamps & side repeaters."

russbost - 10/11/09 at 11:03 AM

Glad it wasn't me had to point that out

Am I wrong?

First bear in mind these are LED not ordinary bulbs - can you buy a pair of front sidelights, 4 x indicators, a pair of rear sidelights with brakelights & have significant change out of £75 all in LED & all in one neat & stylish package - if so can someone please point me in the right direction?

alistairolsen - 10/11/09 at 11:09 AM

Liking the LED's and dual functionality fronts ( I only want sidelight to pass the IVA, never use them)

Not sure Id trust them to stop some dozer running into the back of me though!

russbost - 10/11/09 at 01:45 PM

You could always supplement with a high level rear brake light!