Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: GSXR 600 TB info - may be of interest......
Jenko

posted on 18/11/07 at 08:34 PM Reply With Quote
GSXR 600 TB info - may be of interest......

I thought I'd post some recent findings on the GSXR TB's...

I bought my bodies with the airbox still attached, and noticed that the center two rubbers are actually proper trumpets...So, a quick bit of ebaying and I bought another GSXR 600 airbox for £20. So, I now have 4 rather nice trumpets that my filter backplate ill sit on perfectly as the groves for the air box are in the correct place.....

Click

The remaining 4 rubbers just happen to act as perfect couplers to attach the TB's to the manifold...

As an added bonus, the GSXR 600 airbox, also has a air temp sensor, so I now have two of those, and I think (maybe someone can confirm), these can also be used for coolant sensing also (so thats another few quid saved)......

Another pic

Apologies if this has been noted before :-)

PJ...

[Edited on 18/11/07 by Jenko]

martyn_16v

posted on 19/11/07 at 08:39 PM Reply With Quote
There are actually a few different lengths available, so there's a bit of choice if you have space issues or want to try tuning the inlet tract length.
GSXR Trumpets
GSXR Trumpets

The outer two are from a GSXR1000 (yes, it does have two different lengths on the same bike, cylinders 1 and 4 have the stubby ones, 2 and 3 the long). I *think* the middle one is from a 750, not entirely sure on this one. I don't know whether they'll fit the 600 tb's though, the 750 and 1000 are larger diameter bodies.

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.