Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Throttle body advice needed please
r1_pete

posted on 20/5/10 at 02:45 PM Reply With Quote
Throttle body advice needed please

Started harvesting the parts to convert my Jaguar to EFI.

I have an XJ6 injection manifold, pictured below, there isn't room to get this in the E Type, my plan is to cut it off about 40mm from the injector holes, and weld ally tubes on horizontally, or pointing slightly upwards, to take bike throttle bodies.

I want to keep the injectors in the standard place, it seems a pretty good location, does anyone know if any bike throttle bodies do not have injector fittings? all I need are the butterflies and housing, and if I could get some and not have to blank injector holes off it would look much neater.

Cheers.
Pete

[Edited on 20/5/10 by r1_pete] Rescued attachment Inj Mani sml.jpg
Rescued attachment Inj Mani sml.jpg

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
phoenix70

posted on 20/5/10 at 02:53 PM Reply With Quote
All you need to do is seal up the bike injector holes. Thats what I've done on mine.

Cheers

MikeRJ

posted on 20/5/10 at 03:08 PM Reply With Quote
I would strongly consider using a plenum arrangement with a larger single throttle body - it makes setting up EFI a lot easier as you get a stable MAP signal and you don't have to worry about synchronising 6 throttle bodies (and sorting out the linkages in the first place).

Honda get well over 100bhp/litre out of their B16 engines with a plenum system, so it's not as though they are unsuitable for performance applications, unless you are using really wild cams.

will121

posted on 20/5/10 at 03:13 PM Reply With Quote
the 4 cylinder triumpth has individual throttle bodies which are just the butterfly and very compact but quite small at 32mm dia ish, i will post a pic in a hour or so. dont know if the triumph tripple is the same which might be ideal
stevebubs

posted on 20/5/10 at 03:39 PM Reply With Quote
You could try and get a set off a beamer..... m series have ITBs, you may find that easy to graft on....

[Edited on 20/5/10 by stevebubs]

stevebubs

posted on 20/5/10 at 03:45 PM Reply With Quote
or you could convert a set of carbs to EFi....
stevebubs

posted on 20/5/10 at 03:51 PM Reply With Quote
This looks like an interesting manifold..

http://www.jagweb.com/aj6eng/aj6_performance.php

will121

posted on 20/5/10 at 04:30 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by will121
the 4 cylinder triumpth has individual throttle bodies which are just the butterfly and very compact but quite small at 32mm dia ish, i will post a pic in a hour or so. dont know if the triumph tripple is the same which might be ideal

just measured them 45mm tapering to 37mm so not a bad size, look easy to respace to but you need another set for extra midddle two, you can have them for £35+ postage. if you need any more measurements give me a shout

will121

posted on 20/5/10 at 04:36 PM Reply With Quote
just looking again at the standard mainfold thats quite a gap between the 3 pairs of inlet headers which might be a bit tricky with a common single throttle linkage on set of bike throttle bodies, may need to look at something like a tripple weber carb linkage arrangement.
r1_pete

posted on 20/5/10 at 06:06 PM Reply With Quote
Yep, its got one of those already: Rescued attachment My E Type 3.jpg
Rescued attachment My E Type 3.jpg

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
mark chandler

posted on 20/5/10 at 08:21 PM Reply With Quote
two sets of triumph daytona or similar TB's linky , they are cheap enough and plentiful

Regards Mark

[Edited on 20/5/10 by mark chandler]

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.