Board logo

Microsquirt Suppliers
scutter - 29/11/07 at 12:39 PM

Does anyone know of any UK suppliers of Microsquirt?

I was planning to order one this spring for my zetec running GSX throttle bodies.

Another question, what impedance are Ford Injectors? (standard Mondeo at the mo.)

ATB Dan.

clutch_kick - 29/11/07 at 01:05 PM

Grab a multimeter, if it's around 6 ohms, then it is low, above 14 ohms High impedance. But i stand to be corrected.

James - 29/11/07 at 01:10 PM

I was under the impression that Microssquirt was really for bikes?

Cheers,
James

Jenko - 29/11/07 at 03:25 PM

quote:
Originally posted by scutter
Does anyone know of any UK suppliers of Microsquirt?

I was planning to order one this spring for my zetec running GSX throttle bodies.

Another question, what impedance are Ford Injectors? (standard Mondeo at the mo.)

ATB Dan.

Can you not use the GSXR injectors - will save you altering the the TB's - 600 injectors are high Z and good for 180 bhp..

tim windmill - 29/11/07 at 03:35 PM

standard ford mondeo injectors low impedence

scutter - 29/11/07 at 03:42 PM

Apart from the injector imedance and external map sensor, i can't see any diffrence.

I've got this far already (see below), so using the ford hardware makes sense.

Zetec bodies
Zetec bodies

ATB Dan.

martyn_16v - 29/11/07 at 04:14 PM

quote:
Originally posted by clutch_kick
Grab a multimeter, if it's around 6 ohms, then it is low, above 14 ohms High impedance. But i stand to be corrected.

Alright then Low impedance injectors tend to be a bit lower than that, around 2-3ohm. And 'high' impedance ones can be anywhere from 10 upwards

Jenko - 30/11/07 at 09:29 AM

quote:
Originally posted by scutter
Apart from the injector imedance and external map sensor, i can't see any diffrence.

I've got this far already (see below), so using the ford hardware makes sense.

Zetec bodies
Zetec bodies

ATB Dan.

Ahh Ok, I see now what you are doing - So you've blocked the GSXR injectors -

That set up you have now lends it's self for a rather nice duel injector conversion :-) - one set nice and close to the inlet valve, and the other at the other end - Ahh go on, go on, go on.........

scutter - 30/11/07 at 10:40 AM

Just three little letters, NOS

ATB Dan.

daxtojeiro - 1/12/07 at 01:52 PM

Hi there,
whilst I could be wrong, you cant use 2 spark outputs and PWM on a microsquirt, so you will need to get hi-impedance injectors, or better still, get a V3.0, as the microsquirt is really limitted and you will soon be wishing youd bought a V3.0 anyhow.
Phil

scutter - 2/12/07 at 06:06 PM

Ah Phil, the very man, I was/am going to be giving you a call in the new year about a Megasquirt unit and relay box.

Are you still based in Norfolk, as your service of on the road mapping is of great interest to me and my folks like in Wymondham, so I can combone the 2 events and also save on buying a wideband O2 sensor.

Will contact you in the new year.

ATB Dan.

daxtojeiro - 2/12/07 at 11:24 PM

hi there,
yep, im still in norfolk, Ive moved about 1/5 a mile from my previous address,
Phil