Board logo

edis wiring
graememk - 8/4/06 at 07:27 PM

edis wiring

pin 12 edis to pin 1 coil pack
pin 10 edis to pin 3 coil pack

is this correct as the colour of the wiring would suggest pin 12 goes to 3 and pin 10 goes to 1 as per there colour code

edis what is pin 5 and 6 ?
please advise

graememkedis
graememkedis

[Edited on 8/4/06 by graememk]

big_wasa - 8/4/06 at 07:46 PM

Vr is crank position sensor. It tells the edis engine position and speed ie rpm. Are you using the dizy or the crank wheel ?

Have you got your Ms yet.

made any more progress ?

regards warren

[Edited on 8/4/06 by big_wasa]

graememk - 8/4/06 at 07:48 PM

yep me being a to55er lol. . . .losing the plot here i think lol

ok i have a trigger wheel.

i also have a ms, from paul on the site

so on pins 12 and 10 do i follow the colour code or the wiring diogram ?

big_wasa - 8/4/06 at 07:51 PM

You Must make sure its shielded or you will get interferance

paulf - 8/4/06 at 09:50 PM

Follow the colour code on edis and coil plugs, in the unlikely event of being wrong you will just need to swap your plug leads around.
Paul

quote:
Originally posted by graememk
so on pins 12 and 10 do i follow the colour code or the wiring diogram ?

Chris_G - 9/4/06 at 09:43 AM

I think you should follow the colours too. It has been mentioned on here before thatthe pin numbers don't always tie up. You can also use the plug shape to double check your thoughts. In your diagram at the top you can see it is keyed so that it will only go in one way round, this should correspond to your plug shape looking into the harness and I think you'll find it will confirm your wiring colours to be the way to go.

Hope that helps,
Chris

Chaz - 10/4/06 at 12:17 PM

What does IDM stand for, coming out of PIN 2. Its a green wire which suggests its looking for ignition?

Chris_G - 10/4/06 at 12:55 PM

IDM is for Ignition diagnostics. It produces a similar signal to the tacho line and some people do use it for tacho but I would ignore it. It seems that you are better off generating a tacho signal from your megasquirt, there is loads of info on all this on HERE.

Cheers,
Chris