Board logo

Throttle body advice needed please
r1_pete - 20/5/10 at 02:45 PM

Started harvesting the parts to convert my Jaguar to EFI.

I have an XJ6 injection manifold, pictured below, there isn't room to get this in the E Type, my plan is to cut it off about 40mm from the injector holes, and weld ally tubes on horizontally, or pointing slightly upwards, to take bike throttle bodies.

I want to keep the injectors in the standard place, it seems a pretty good location, does anyone know if any bike throttle bodies do not have injector fittings? all I need are the butterflies and housing, and if I could get some and not have to blank injector holes off it would look much neater.

Cheers.
Pete

[Edited on 20/5/10 by r1_pete] Rescued attachment Inj Mani sml.jpg
Rescued attachment Inj Mani sml.jpg

phoenix70 - 20/5/10 at 02:53 PM

All you need to do is seal up the bike injector holes. Thats what I've done on mine.

Cheers

MikeRJ - 20/5/10 at 03:08 PM

I would strongly consider using a plenum arrangement with a larger single throttle body - it makes setting up EFI a lot easier as you get a stable MAP signal and you don't have to worry about synchronising 6 throttle bodies (and sorting out the linkages in the first place).

Honda get well over 100bhp/litre out of their B16 engines with a plenum system, so it's not as though they are unsuitable for performance applications, unless you are using really wild cams.

will121 - 20/5/10 at 03:13 PM

the 4 cylinder triumpth has individual throttle bodies which are just the butterfly and very compact but quite small at 32mm dia ish, i will post a pic in a hour or so. dont know if the triumph tripple is the same which might be ideal

stevebubs - 20/5/10 at 03:39 PM

You could try and get a set off a beamer..... m series have ITBs, you may find that easy to graft on....

[Edited on 20/5/10 by stevebubs]

stevebubs - 20/5/10 at 03:45 PM

or you could convert a set of carbs to EFi....

stevebubs - 20/5/10 at 03:51 PM

This looks like an interesting manifold..

http://www.jagweb.com/aj6eng/aj6_performance.php

will121 - 20/5/10 at 04:30 PM

quote:
Originally posted by will121
the 4 cylinder triumpth has individual throttle bodies which are just the butterfly and very compact but quite small at 32mm dia ish, i will post a pic in a hour or so. dont know if the triumph tripple is the same which might be ideal

just measured them 45mm tapering to 37mm so not a bad size, look easy to respace to but you need another set for extra midddle two, you can have them for £35+ postage. if you need any more measurements give me a shout

will121 - 20/5/10 at 04:36 PM

just looking again at the standard mainfold thats quite a gap between the 3 pairs of inlet headers which might be a bit tricky with a common single throttle linkage on set of bike throttle bodies, may need to look at something like a tripple weber carb linkage arrangement.

r1_pete - 20/5/10 at 06:06 PM

Yep, its got one of those already: Rescued attachment My E Type 3.jpg
Rescued attachment My E Type 3.jpg

mark chandler - 20/5/10 at 08:21 PM

two sets of triumph daytona or similar TB's linky , they are cheap enough and plentiful

Regards Mark

[Edited on 20/5/10 by mark chandler]