Board logo

Fuel rails... V8
scootz - 9/4/10 at 06:05 PM

Evenin all...

I used Hayabusa TB's on the RS4. These don't have a fuel return and I'm struggling to afford fancy double-ended billet ones!

Is there anything stopping me from using the standard ones as per the following diagram? Surely the regulator would ensure that there was a constant pressure 'upstream'?

[img][/img]

r1_pete - 9/4/10 at 06:14 PM

Should be fine, all you're doing is regulating the pressure in the rails....

scootz - 9/4/10 at 06:16 PM

Cheers Pete... so what makes double-ended fuel rails so attractive? Neatness?

matt_claydon - 9/4/10 at 06:17 PM

It'll be fine, but FPRs usually only have inlet and outlet. Your setup is more likely to look like this: Rescued attachment Clipboard02.jpg
Rescued attachment Clipboard02.jpg

scootz - 9/4/10 at 06:26 PM

Thanks Matt... that makes sense!

scudderfish - 9/4/10 at 06:32 PM

quote:
Originally posted by scootz
Cheers Pete... so what makes double-ended fuel rails so attractive? Neatness?

It means you always have fresh fuel in the rails and are less likely to suffer from vapourisation with a hot engine.

scootz - 9/4/10 at 06:36 PM

Thanks! What's the knock on effect in real-world use?

omega0684 - 9/4/10 at 06:44 PM

don't the Hayabusa rails have FPR's at the end of the them? (my R6 iTB'd did) isn't it usually carb rails that don't have returns?

scootz - 9/4/10 at 06:50 PM

Nope... just the one in / out.

stevebubs - 9/4/10 at 06:52 PM

can you not tap the end of the 'busa rail?

stevebubs - 9/4/10 at 06:58 PM

Fuel Rail Supplier..

http://www.americanv8engines.co.uk/shop/product_info.php? cPath=13_16&products_id=85

scootz - 9/4/10 at 07:10 PM

Thanks for that Steve!

clairetoo - 9/4/10 at 07:58 PM

Slightly cheaper supplier LINKY DINKY DOO DAH
Even if you only buy the minimum quantity , it's still cheaper than buying it in England

*postage from the states last time I bought some was just over £20 for three feet

[Edited on 9/4/10 by clairetoo]

bimbleuk - 9/4/10 at 08:33 PM

The Corvette for example with the LSx V8 series of engines have a combined filter/FPR mounted by the fuel tank. Then a single line goes forward to the fuel rail.

I'm using one of these on an LS1 I'm installing in an RX7. You can get them for about $40 in the states but you will also need some corresponding GM quick connectors to attach the hoses.

Link to some details about it