Board logo

DCOE manifold to ITB adaptors
wonderfulweasel - 30/11/09 at 11:13 PM

I'm just starting the conversion to GSXR600 throttle bodies that many on here have done. I've read through a lot of the previous information on the subject and like the idea of using a Weber DCOE manifold with adaptors to connect the TBs.

Several people seem to have made their own adaptors. I don't have the capability to do this myself.

Does anyone on here produce them, or could point me in the right direction for someone that does?
Thanks

flak monkey - 1/12/09 at 07:15 AM

IIRC the standard gsxr 750 flanges on the head of the bike will fit straight onto a weber inlet manifold. A bike breaker should be able to sort you out with some.

Or I could make you some billet adaptors, trouble is they are a lot of work and you would nearly be looking at the cost of having a manifold made by boggs to be honest.

fatbaldbloke - 1/12/09 at 02:36 PM

If you want drawings of the adaptors I made for exactly the same conversion you're considering (photos on my website) I can send them if you U2U an address.
Cheers, FBB

flak monkey - 1/12/09 at 02:39 PM

These are the ones I made for my pinto, very similar to yours FBB.

http://www.locostbuilders.co.uk/upload/TB%20adaptor.JPG

TB Adaptor
TB Adaptor

[Edited on 1/12/09 by flak monkey]

wonderfulweasel - 1/12/09 at 06:55 PM

Thanks chaps. I'm after a locost option really, so will try to find some 750 mounting flanges.

wonderfulweasel - 2/12/09 at 10:08 PM

Does anyone know if it's only the 750 flanges that will fit, or will those of other sizes be similar?
Thanks in advance.