Board logo

Which throttle bodies?
adrianreeve - 26/1/09 at 07:24 PM

Sorry, I know this has been discussed many times before, but I've heard so much conflicting stuff, I just want to hear the answer once and for all!!

I have a standard 2l silvertop zetec for my haynes roadster, and I want to go m/c throttle bodies. Which ones does everyone recommend?

I think my top contenders are GSXR600 and R1, but well and truly stand to be corrected.

Thanks for any help

Cheers

Adrian

Andybarbet - 26/1/09 at 07:35 PM

Ive gone for GSXR600 on my silvertop zetec, did a fair bit of research and their are lots of people on the road with this combination.
They are easy to re-space, and i got an inlet manifold for a great price too
Car is nowhere near completion but Piddy on here is running this combination and it goes great ...Good luck !

[Edited on 26/1/09 by Andybarbet]

big_wasa - 26/1/09 at 07:35 PM

Early gsxr are nice as they break down into single bodies making them easy to respace. They also only have the one set of butterflys. Early R1's same but are more bulky as they keep the slide design of the carbs.

Just about anything can be used if you are making a custom manifold. The newer the bodies the bigger the flow rate of the injectors.

Ive got a really nice set of a gsxr750 for a latter project, 600's may be better suited and there is a cast ally manifold available to mount them on a zetec.

[Edited on 26/1/09 by big_wasa]

big_wasa - 26/1/09 at 07:51 PM

There is a breaker on ebay that does good bodies with out pulling your pants down

These would do the job and only £35

flak monkey - 26/1/09 at 08:03 PM

GSXR 600s will do you just fine.

Just finished fitting a set to my pinto. As big_wasa says they are easy to re-space to suit your ports as well

You should be looking at paying around £50-75

David

adrianreeve - 26/1/09 at 09:19 PM

Cheers gents. David, if you can point me in the direction of GSXR throttle bodies at that price, I'd be awfully grateful!

Cheers

Adrian

rf900rush - 26/1/09 at 09:57 PM

The Ebay link above looks like GSXR600K1 TBS to Me.
Just sold my MS with GIXER TBS's and Can't see whats different.
Unless the item is not the one in the photo.

Might be worth a chance.

flak monkey - 26/1/09 at 10:00 PM

quote:
Originally posted by rf900rush
The Ebay link above looks like GSXR600K1 TBS to Me.
Just sold my MS with GIXER TBS's and Can't see whats different.
Unless the item is not the one in the photo.

Might be worth a chance.

Yes, they are, wrongly described by the looks of it. Worth a punt at that price...

David