Board logo

Progress so Far!
worX - 25/2/07 at 02:16 PM

Hi All,

once again I thought I would this pic up there, to show my progress, and also in case any of the Eagle-eyed amongst you can spot any (deliberate) mistakes so I can rectify them now rather than later!!!

cheers,
Steve.

Description
Description

nitram38 - 25/2/07 at 02:23 PM

Front cycle wing missing

Front tyre pattern wrong way?

Toyo T1s and team dynamic Prorace 1.2's ?
Just bought a set for my next project

[Edited on 25/2/2007 by nitram38]

blakep82 - 25/2/07 at 02:23 PM

very nice!

i may be wrong here, but i think your front tyres are the wrong way round (seriously) can't see the back so i don't know about them.

when looking from the front the grooves should point down, so that when they turn water will be thrown to the outer edges. i beleive the way they are now, the draw water to the middle, causing a build up and aquaplaning.

otherwise, very nice!

nitram go there before me

[Edited on 25/2/07 by blakep82]

worX - 25/2/07 at 02:27 PM

thanks both for spotting the first obvious ones... you would have been really foxed if you could of seen the back ones aswell, as Three are the wrong way round meaning thay MUST be wrong, but I have SIX team dynamics altogether and two Superleggaros so they are correct altogether - I just grabbed the first four I saw when I wanted to put it on the ground last week after waiting ages to finally get my hands on some driveshafts!!!

As for the front cycle wings, I am afraid I am still waiting for the brackets from MAC#1 for them, but they said I would have them by this week coming so thats a relief!
cheers,
Steve.

[Edited on 25/2/07 by worX]

shortie - 25/2/07 at 02:39 PM

Steve,

Must just say that it is looking superb mate, should turn out to be a really nice car.

Rich.

imp paul - 25/2/07 at 02:40 PM

nice job looks cool

chris_harris_ - 25/2/07 at 05:00 PM

Looking lovely mate, just wish mine was as near as that, My only small concern is where you gonna sit? he he.

worX - 25/2/07 at 05:26 PM

I've just loaded the seats in the car so that I can put the subframes on them at work tonight - I don't have what most would consider a "demanding job"....
So hopefully, they'll be done tonight and then it's just one internal Ali panel to do!
One of the rear lamps still needs wires taking to it, but apart from that I think I'm nearly there!!!
Well, nearly there apart from the things I'm still waiting for from MAC#1, that is.....

Cheers for all the (appreciated) great comments guys!

Steve.

bigrich - 25/2/07 at 05:39 PM

looking good steve have you tested the electrics yet , just hope i gave you good advise mate
Cols got to do my brackets also but he's been off ill with X-BOX neck acording to Mark looks like i better get on with mine got some catching up to do

McLannahan - 25/2/07 at 06:04 PM

Pants - The wheels are on, therefore the car's finished!

Looking quality...black wheels suit it really well, better than I thought!

Can't wait to see KC done!

jos - 25/2/07 at 06:57 PM

just make sure your dog doesnt take the same shine to your wheels that 'e did to your build stands

worX - 26/2/07 at 06:01 AM

quote:
Originally posted by jos
just make sure your dog doesnt take the same shine to your wheels that 'e did to your build stands

Jos,
I really wish it wasn't so, but it's a bit too late for that!!!

worX - 26/2/07 at 06:06 AM

Hi Rich,
I've (sort of) tested most of the electronics and you're electronicery wizardy has definitely been imparted in some on me as most of it seemed to be fine!!!!
I do have a small prob at the mo. with the hazards, not working, but wanted to have a good look myself before bothering you with it just yet - in case I've done something different to your instructions, or just to get an idea of what to tell you I think it is!
either way, I'm afraid I may be in touch about that sometime soon!
One thing though, the ignition and start buttin work, cos I couldn't help myself - even with no fuel and no exhaust ]

cheers,
Steve.

quote:
Originally posted by bigrich
looking good steve have you tested the electrics yet , just hope i gave you good advise mate
Cols got to do my brackets also but he's been off ill with X-BOX neck acording to Mark looks like i better get on with mine got some catching up to do

Oh and I'm pretty sure that instead of just catching up you'll be flying past my state sooner rather than later!!!

[Edited on 26/2/07 by worX]

jos - 26/2/07 at 09:33 AM

how much of a bollocking did the dog get?

I bet you only popped inside to post a reply and when you returned ........

DarrenW - 26/2/07 at 09:37 AM

I hope col get well soon - ive heard Toca3 can take some recovering from!!!!!

Car is looking well smart Steve, very nice colours.

quote:
Originally posted by bigrich

worX - 26/2/07 at 01:11 PM

this dog is so blinking soppy that even when he does something really bad, I don't have the heart to really give it to him!!!

Is Col the 2000's version of people being off with "Decathlon" thumb (I think thats what it was called, the game where you have to sprint, polevault, long jump etc,- all by smacking the crap out of the L & R Buttons!!!)

DarrenW, thanks Darren!
I'm quite pleased with the colour, which is down to Mark's persuasive abilities the most! (and we all know how good They are!)
It should look a bit more turquoise, as I think the tarpaulin I'm building it under is tainting it a bit bluer than it actually is!

Cheers,
Steve.

quote:
Originally posted by jos
how much of a bollocking did the dog get?

I bet you only popped inside to post a reply and when you returned ........