Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: 1st post- Quick hello - just ordered MNR R1
djmnr

posted on 17/5/08 at 05:46 PM Reply With Quote
1st post- Quick hello - just ordered MNR R1

Hi to everyone. Ordered a MNR Vortx R1 this week after being to meet them. Very impressed with the car and the setup/service. I`ve gone for the R1 engine setup, orange panels with black inserts all round, full cage, etc.. Looks like a 6 week wait at the minute.. can`t wait. Just need to tidy the garage now.
If anyone is in the Lancashire area and building similar, I`d love to hear from you and maybe come over and have a look if possible.
I`ll try and keep updates coming as and when I get sorted.

Cheers,

Duncan

Pdlewis

posted on 17/5/08 at 05:56 PM Reply With Quote
Sweet very good choice (not that im biased) youll never be dissapointed with the service from Mark and Chris. Its a good feeling when it arrives

Oh and any problems this is by far the best place to get them solved

Snap-off

posted on 17/5/08 at 05:59 PM Reply With Quote
hi Duncan, good choices, hope you enjoy your build!
bassett

posted on 17/5/08 at 06:05 PM Reply With Quote
Not another orange one! What chassis have you gone for RT, RT inboard, RT+? and what R1 lump? Welcome and good luck with the build.
Adam

matt.c

posted on 17/5/08 at 06:21 PM Reply With Quote
someone say orange?

Nice choice of kit, great service and products.

chris_smith

posted on 17/5/08 at 07:03 PM Reply With Quote
welcome to the madhouse you will get loads of help from here everyone is etremely helpful, knowledgable, and most willing to get there hands dirty to help out, im in accrington in lancs
the build is in blackburn) although it isnt an MNR its a locost but im willing to help if your close enough, where abouts are you?

good luck with the build

coozer

posted on 17/5/08 at 07:06 PM Reply With Quote
Welcome, I see you have made the best choice, again not that I'm biased just based on the excellent customer service you get from Chris & Marc.

If you check my blog just make sure you do it properly first time, unlike myself

Steve

1972 V8 Jago

1980 Z750

Dangle_kt

posted on 17/5/08 at 07:07 PM Reply With Quote
doing an orange build too, using fireblade - but I'm just in merseyside, but work in Lancashire (and various other places too!)
Robert Ryan

posted on 17/5/08 at 07:18 PM Reply With Quote
Welcome

Welcome, hope we can all meet up in the future.

All the best Bill & Rob Rescued attachment bill small 2.JPG
Rescued attachment bill small 2.JPG

Wheels244

posted on 17/5/08 at 08:41 PM Reply With Quote
Hi Duncan

Good choice.
And the right colour too

You're welcome to come over and look at mine - it's quite well on in the build now.

stuart_g

posted on 17/5/08 at 08:57 PM Reply With Quote
Hi Duncan,

Good choice of car

I'm not anywhere near you but there are lots of pic's in my archive. There are also some really good build blogs some other members have done so plenty of info available.

6 weeks is not that long to wait. I had to wait 2 1/2 months when they were extremely busy last year, it was hell! well worth the wait though.

Good luck with the build.

djmnr

posted on 17/5/08 at 10:46 PM Reply With Quote
Thanks everyone for the replies. I know orange is a bit predictable but my other choice was red.. just as popular I think! I had toyed with a colour changer on a website for sometime but couldn`t find anything that suited the car better in my opinion. The car will be built in Chorley, Lancs. I have opted for the RT Inboard with polybushes as I was advised this is suitable for my requirements... mainly blasts on the road on nice days with approx 4 - 6 trackdays per year. I had originally opted for just the removable door bars but after taking my pal up to MNR when dropping off the deposit he talked me into the full cage!!
As for the engine, I have gone for the 2006 R1 which I am told has about 20bhp over the earlier type. Can`t wait to get the kit.. just a small matter of finding the rest of the money now..

bob tatt

posted on 18/5/08 at 07:06 AM Reply With Quote
sell the wife and kids worked for me and the house is a lot tidier as well
Agriv8

posted on 18/5/08 at 02:51 PM Reply With Quote
Good choice of car.

All the best agriv8

Taller than your average Guy !
Management is like a tree of monkeys. - Those at the top look down and see a tree full of smiling faces. BUT Those at the bottom look up and see a tree full of a*seholes .............

sucksqueezebangblow

posted on 18/5/08 at 05:39 PM Reply With Quote
Hey Duncan,

Welcome and very good choice!

Clive.

Better to Burnout than to Fade Away JET METAL ~ AndySparrow ©

djmnr

posted on 18/5/08 at 11:02 PM Reply With Quote
Thanks again to everyone for the warm welcome.
BTW, has anyone any experience of the 2006 R1 engine and its power & delivery compared to that of an earlier engine?

Gergely

posted on 19/5/08 at 08:42 AM Reply With Quote
Hi Duncan,

Congrats! I am not biased either... Picking up my kit (RT inboard in orange + 2005 R1) in about two weeks time, so I might see your chassis being built when I am there!

I would say come and have a look at my future build, but driving 2000km one way is maybe a tad too much I think...
Good luck with the build!
Gergely

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
TimC

posted on 19/5/08 at 10:39 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by djmnr
Thanks again to everyone for the warm welcome.
BTW, has anyone any experience of the 2006 R1 engine and its power & delivery compared to that of an earlier engine?

Hi and welcome.

I can't back this up, because I can't remember where I saw the dyno plots, but from what I can gather most of the 20BHP or so increase comes from the clever ram-air effect employed by the new bikes. This is difficult to replicate in a car and hence your power from your '06 motor is likely to be remarkably similar to my carb'd '01 motor. If I can remember where I got my data, I'll post it up.

Enjoy the build.

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.