Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Lower front radiator hose...
Winston Todge

posted on 12/6/06 at 09:17 AM Reply With Quote
Lower front radiator hose...

How are people plumbing in the lower radiator hose?

I noticed that when I line the radiator up and everything is in place that the lower outlet from the Polo rad is right in front of a vertical chassis member.

I noticed this in the build manual so is obviously correct. And then the 90 degree bend of silicon takes it past the member. But how does this connect with the lower cooling pipe if it's sat at 90 degrees to it?

Anyone have any pictures? Is there another 90 degree bend that I'm not taking into account that joins the other bend from the lower outlet to the cooling pipe from the engine?

I know a picture paints a thousand words but I don't have any to hand at the mo...

Anyone have a picture of this on their cars? Richie by any chance?

Cheers guys / gals...

Chris.

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
marc n

posted on 12/6/06 at 09:34 AM Reply With Quote
hi chris

like this below Rescued attachment s-bend-on-rad.jpg
Rescued attachment s-bend-on-rad.jpg

please email rather than u2u
direct workshop email ( manned 8am till 6pm )
www.mnrltd.co.uk enquireys to :-
chrismnrltd@btinternet.com

NOTE:This user is registered as a LocostBuilders trader and may offer commercial services to other users
View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Winston Todge

posted on 12/6/06 at 11:11 AM Reply With Quote
Fantastic! Just what I needed.

Ta Marc,

Chris.

RichieC

posted on 12/6/06 at 02:45 PM Reply With Quote
Hi Chris, apols been away for the weekend.

Mine is as you say, slap bang against the chassis rail. its actually pinched between the chassis rail and the bodywork but this is with the pipes which MNR supplied.

Its definately restricting the flow but not detrimentally I believe (ie no smaller than the bikes thinner pipes) and there is no movement which could cause premature failure - bit annoying though.

Sounds like youre cracking on well,

Kind Rgds

Rich

edited cos my bottom hose was supplied as a straight hose not a 90 like the build manual shows. Yep I agree 2 x 90s are required to do the job properly.

[Edited on 12/6/06 by RichieC]

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.