Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Throttle pedal mounting
chockymonster

posted on 29/5/06 at 09:00 AM Reply With Quote
Throttle pedal mounting

Does anyone have any pics showing how they've mounted the throttle pedal bracket on top of the scuttle plate?
View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
RichieC

posted on 29/5/06 at 09:44 AM Reply With Quote
Done mine the same as the build manual. You have to hack a pretty large hole out to get the pedal up from underneath then a big enough slot to allow full travel.

Incidentally, Im using an MNR throttle cable which I think Im going to ditch. The inner is very rough and contacts on the outer as it exits so you feel the texture of the inner through the pedal. It means a pretty nasty feel so Im tempted to swap for a goretex or silicone lined one from a tandem bicycle.
Rgds

Rich Rescued attachment Throttle Pedal.JPG
Rescued attachment Throttle Pedal.JPG

JoaoCaldeira

posted on 29/5/06 at 09:58 PM Reply With Quote
Shoudn't the rear of the bracket be aligned with the vertical alu of the footwell?

Joao

RichieC

posted on 29/5/06 at 10:01 PM Reply With Quote
No, thats the way it should be.

I know what you mean though - looks odd

Rgds

Richie

Krismc

posted on 30/5/06 at 06:03 PM Reply With Quote
all i dont was made sure all the pedals where aligned and spaced 50mm apart this puts in pretty much same as in his picure!!!

Built, Ivaed, Drove and now Sold - 2011 MNR VORTX RT+ 2000cc Zetec on R1 Throttle boddies.

chockymonster

posted on 30/5/06 at 07:22 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by JoaoCaldeira
Shoudn't the rear of the bracket be aligned with the vertical alu of the footwell?

Joao

That's what I thought as the build manual shows.

From the manual
quote:
fixing the pedal is achieved by placing a rivnut or tapping the chassis bulkhead rail for the rear
of the pedal mounting and through your aluminium bulkhead panel for the front mounting
hole, retaining with a nut and bolt fixing

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
RichieC

posted on 30/5/06 at 07:44 PM Reply With Quote
Just confirming to make sure I wasnt being a total muppet Pic from the build manual I see from the words though how it could be confusing and to be honest I think it would benefit from being attached at the back upright part as the scuttle flexes slightly when you operate the pedal. Might be worth adding a plate underneath to strengthen it a little.

Rgds

Richie

marc n

posted on 31/5/06 at 09:46 AM Reply With Quote
idealy the pedal brkt is best located so at least one fixing is into a chassi tube, but if you use large load spreading washers then it shouldnt make that much difference

please email rather than u2u
direct workshop email ( manned 8am till 6pm )
www.mnrltd.co.uk enquireys to :-
chrismnrltd@btinternet.com

NOTE:This user is registered as a LocostBuilders trader and may offer commercial services to other users

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.