Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: A new Build Site :)
chockymonster

posted on 15/3/06 at 05:14 PM Reply With Quote
A new Build Site :)

Seeing as I can't do anything on the car I thought I'd do what I'm sort of good at.

I've just made my build site live. There isn't a lot of content on there but at least I'm trying to keep myself busy till may!

http://vortx.chockymonster.co.uk - be gentle!

[Edited on 15/3/06 by chockymonster]

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Hellfire

posted on 15/3/06 at 05:37 PM Reply With Quote
Looks very good and easy to navigate around. With building the Vortx and keeping the website updated, it looks like you're gonna be busy for the next six months.

Good luck
Phil

Winston Todge

posted on 15/3/06 at 05:51 PM Reply With Quote
Hey chocky.

Good to know there's another diary to go up and follow!

I really do enjoy reading about other people's decisions and the reasons they made them. Especially, as you seem to have made similar choices to me.

You won't be disappointed using MNR, as Chris and Marc are both very approachable people and will always do their best to help you out at any stage.

I'd be interested to know what you think of the capabilities of an R1 VortX compared to your Evo, as I've always wanted one of those Lancers.

Anyway, I'll link your site over on mine.

Take it easy,

Chris.

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
chockymonster

posted on 15/3/06 at 05:56 PM Reply With Quote
Thanks!
Because I've spent ages at the beginning the acutal updating takes minutes. Hopefully the same can be said about the car build!

[Edited on 15/3/06 by chockymonster]

chockymonster

posted on 15/3/06 at 06:08 PM Reply With Quote
I'm quite looking forward to the comparison between the two.
I'm used to sub 5 second 0-60 (whilst praying the clutch doesn't lunch itself!) Fastest time I've recorded on decent timing gear is a 4.85 but that was slightly uphill (the red line in the graph)

I've always been one for corners rather than top end as anyone can drive fast in a straight line!! Rescued attachment 060-3.jpg
Rescued attachment 060-3.jpg

olv

posted on 15/3/06 at 06:28 PM Reply With Quote
Love the site, glad to see another build to follow, should be most useful

I like your body colour tests. I always thought a kawasaki green vortx would look good and it does any chance of popping up some orange body work combo's if ya get bored?

Look forward to reading the build

Krismc

posted on 15/3/06 at 06:30 PM Reply With Quote
Looks good mate.

Pitty you aint got that car started yet, my choice was going to be green and i buckled at the last minute and went for the orange!

GOOD LUCK with the car and the site.

Built, Ivaed, Drove and now Sold - 2011 MNR VORTX RT+ 2000cc Zetec on R1 Throttle boddies.

chockymonster

posted on 15/3/06 at 07:57 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by olv

I like your body colour tests. I always thought a kawasaki green vortx would look good and it does any chance of popping up some orange body work combo's if ya get bored?

Which orange
I've got an approximation of all of the RAL colour codes that MNR use for photoshop.
You don't get quite the same colour on some of them as different colours reflect differently.

Agriv8

posted on 15/3/06 at 08:12 PM Reply With Quote
nice site paul,

any queries stick up a post.

nice to have met you while you visited the workshop names to faces and all that. just been out in the v8 ( it started snowing again so brought it back in. still seem to be getting an air lock so might have to add another vent back to the header tank as re-routing the top and bottom hoses aint realy an option due to lack of room !

all the best agriv8

Taller than your average Guy !
Management is like a tree of monkeys. - Those at the top look down and see a tree full of smiling faces. BUT Those at the bottom look up and see a tree full of a*seholes .............

chockymonster

posted on 15/3/06 at 08:29 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Agriv8
nice site paul,

any queries stick up a post.

nice to have met you while you visited the workshop names to faces and all that. just been out in the v8 ( it started snowing again so brought it back in. still seem to be getting an air lock so might have to add another vent back to the header tank as re-routing the top and bottom hoses aint realy an option due to lack of room !

all the best agriv8

Cheers!
Names to faces is always good! I'm glad your car was there on saturday as it gave me a chance to look over a road legal car.

The airlock does sound like an excuse not to get the project finished though

Agriv8

posted on 15/3/06 at 09:00 PM Reply With Quote
>> The airlock does sound like an excuse not to get the project finished though .

dont even go there can't even comment as the wife has now found the forum AAArrrggghhhh ( just double checked all my posts all prices have been removed / amended )

Best get home via pub

regards

agriv8

Taller than your average Guy !
Management is like a tree of monkeys. - Those at the top look down and see a tree full of smiling faces. BUT Those at the bottom look up and see a tree full of a*seholes .............

olv

posted on 17/3/06 at 01:58 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by chockymonster
quote:
Originally posted by olv

Which orange
I've got an approximation of all of the RAL colour codes that MNR use for photoshop.
You don't get quite the same colour on some of them as different colours reflect differently.

Erm, didn't know there was a choice... hows about bright orange? lol

G.Man

posted on 21/3/06 at 08:32 AM Reply With Quote
Olv

isnt it about time you pulled your finger out and ordered a Vortx

Opinions are like backsides..
Everyone has one, nobody wants to hear it and only other peoples stink!

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.