Board logo

Getting there...
coozer - 22/3/08 at 05:27 PM

At last I've driven it properly, even if that is just up and down the drive! Anyway thats using all the pedals and proper controls.

Had it running up to temperature today for the first after putting the coolant in last night.

Anyone want to come round and give me an experienced look see for SVA things?

I got 3 wheels on my wagon... see the pics in my blog!

Steve

TimC - 22/3/08 at 05:36 PM

Good work Sir. Blingy wheels make all the difference!

jlparsons - 22/3/08 at 05:57 PM

Looks cracking mate, I've had an eye on your blog a couple of times, I've got one very similar planned myself, same colour too as the mrs gets the choice and she's keen on red!

How long now till she's all go?

bassett - 22/3/08 at 06:01 PM

Looking good Steve, bet its a great feeling having it up and running. Will there be a video clip popping up soon?
Adam

coozer - 22/3/08 at 06:08 PM

I'll stick a vid up when I can.. at the moment keeps snowing and hail stoning and I do have to shift a fair bit of sh1te to get it out of the garage!

Next stage is to finish the airbox and get the cold air forced induction taking air from the front. Should be fun!

worX - 22/3/08 at 06:18 PM

Well done Steve , have you booked SVA???

Steve

coozer - 22/3/08 at 06:37 PM

SVA?? Dare not book that until I'm 110% sure she's finished!!

jlparsons - 22/3/08 at 06:38 PM

quote:

Next stage is to finish the airbox and get the cold air forced induction taking air from the front. Should be fun!

Snap! Was thinking exactly the same. I'm hoping to use a zx12 engine, i think that gets another 10 horses from forced air. These cars may end up more than a little alike - i'll stick go-faster-stripes on mine so we don't end up taking the wrong car home if we end up at the same meet...

Snap-off - 22/3/08 at 07:42 PM

Very nice build!
It's a good feeling driving them, even though just up and down the drive.
Having no reverse, the wife would not push me back for another go. She used the excuse that she was pregnant! Whats that all about! Ha!

Robert Ryan - 22/3/08 at 07:59 PM

Hi Steve

Looks good, loads more local cars on the road this year. You need to get SVA booked and get out.

Will call round soon, Don,t forget July Northern camping weekend and open day at MNR.
Rob

[Edited on 23/3/08 by Robert Ryan] Rescued attachment Winter Run.JPG
Rescued attachment Winter Run.JPG

Johneturbo - 23/3/08 at 06:44 PM

Looking good steve, bet it's nice to see it outside
same wheels i'm looking to get.
but i want them in matt black if posible.

if it's dry tomorrow i'm gona drive mine outside and take some pics.

marc n - 23/3/08 at 10:15 PM

looks good steve on the home straight now