Board logo

Lower front radiator hose...
Winston Todge - 12/6/06 at 09:17 AM

How are people plumbing in the lower radiator hose?

I noticed that when I line the radiator up and everything is in place that the lower outlet from the Polo rad is right in front of a vertical chassis member.

I noticed this in the build manual so is obviously correct. And then the 90 degree bend of silicon takes it past the member. But how does this connect with the lower cooling pipe if it's sat at 90 degrees to it?

Anyone have any pictures? Is there another 90 degree bend that I'm not taking into account that joins the other bend from the lower outlet to the cooling pipe from the engine?

I know a picture paints a thousand words but I don't have any to hand at the mo...

Anyone have a picture of this on their cars? Richie by any chance?

Cheers guys / gals...

Chris.

marc n - 12/6/06 at 09:34 AM

hi chris

like this below Rescued attachment s-bend-on-rad.jpg
Rescued attachment s-bend-on-rad.jpg

Winston Todge - 12/6/06 at 11:11 AM

Fantastic! Just what I needed.

Ta Marc,

Chris.

RichieC - 12/6/06 at 02:45 PM

Hi Chris, apols been away for the weekend.

Mine is as you say, slap bang against the chassis rail. its actually pinched between the chassis rail and the bodywork but this is with the pipes which MNR supplied.

Its definately restricting the flow but not detrimentally I believe (ie no smaller than the bikes thinner pipes) and there is no movement which could cause premature failure - bit annoying though.

Sounds like youre cracking on well,

Kind Rgds

Rich

edited cos my bottom hose was supplied as a straight hose not a 90 like the build manual shows. Yep I agree 2 x 90s are required to do the job properly.

[Edited on 12/6/06 by RichieC]