Board logo

SVA Pass
smart51 - 9/12/05 at 01:31 PM

I passed my SVA today. At last!

Now all I need is a registration number.

emsfactory - 9/12/05 at 01:45 PM

Congrats.

Guinness - 9/12/05 at 01:48 PM

Well done mate.

Glad you got your emissions sorted. Now get a dynojet kit, get it set up and get them back to really polluting!!

Cheers

Mike

Paul G - 9/12/05 at 01:51 PM

Congratulations Matey!!

I've just been for a pre-SVA MOT and they said it would pass all I've got to do is fix the horn, took the long way home it was great )

DarrenW - 9/12/05 at 02:03 PM

Well done Smat51. Cherish the feeling.

Paul- Great news that independant check says your car is good but be careful. This will give you well deserved confidence but MOT and SVA are 2 different things. The MOT guys wont have checked anywhere near the same points as SVA. Horn not required for SVA.

Howlor - 9/12/05 at 02:18 PM

Well done mate. What was causing the emission probs? Did you pad the two bars under your dash at all?

marc n - 9/12/05 at 02:58 PM

well done colin

smart51 - 9/12/05 at 03:06 PM

The diagonal bars under the dash were not padded but were not questioned.

A really big cat seemed to fix the emissions, although reshimming the valve clearances helped a bit.

DVLA inspection on Thursday, a couple of days wait after than and I'll have a registration number an tax disc. Merry Chistmas to me

Dillinger1977 - 9/12/05 at 03:19 PM

congrats colin!!!!

you can come and help me with mine now

TimC - 9/12/05 at 03:30 PM

Well done Colin -- look forward to seeing it at a future West Mids Meet!

RichieC - 9/12/05 at 05:07 PM

Well done Colin, good to see you got it sorted.
Just out of interest, which centre mirror did you go for? Suction type? Any problems?
Rgds
Rich

[Edited on 9/12/05 by RichieC]

Avoneer - 9/12/05 at 06:10 PM

Well done mate - I remember many moons ago transferring a boot full of donor parts!

Pat...

Hellfire - 9/12/05 at 06:39 PM

Congratulations on SVA pass, its a great feeling isn't it. Take it steady in this weather and enjoy next summer

smart51 - 9/12/05 at 07:45 PM

My centre mirror from was a generic one from halfords that had an E mark on it. I cut off the stem, drilled and tapped an M4 hole into the stump and screwed some studding into it. A bit of aly tube from B&Q sits snuggly over some M4 nuts on the thread and a big penny washer sits between it and the scuttle. A bit of araldite for rigidity and some balck apray paint and all is fine.

I have a racetech centre mirror from MNR but I might not bother fitting it as this one matches the wing mirrors better.

Avoneer, No problems with that boot load of parts, well, except for a minor oil leak from the nose of the diff. easily fixed. Saved me quite a job overall as you'd half refurbished them.

[Edited on 9-12-2005 by smart51]

RichieC - 9/12/05 at 08:40 PM

Ive got a suction one here but dont reckon it will fit between the humps of the scuttle. Shouldnt be hard to get one to fit though.

Would the racetech one be SVAable do ya think? Or are the radii too sharp?

Keep us posted with the DVLA procedure

Rgds

Rich

smart51 - 9/12/05 at 09:34 PM

The racetech one isn't e marked and isn't radiused. The fixing nit at the bottom is also a bit odd and I don't think the SVA man would aprove.

Avoneer - 10/12/05 at 09:13 PM

Do you have any pic of the cat fitted?

I'm looking for a permanent cat and can.

Pat...

RichieC - 10/12/05 at 09:14 PM

quote:
Originally posted by smart51
The racetech one isn't e marked and isn't radiused. The fixing nit at the bottom is also a bit odd and I don't think the SVA man would aprove.

Yeh theyre the ones Ive seen. Ill have a look see if the suction one has enough flat to suck onto between the humps.

Thanks

Rich

OX - 10/12/05 at 10:57 PM

well done that man

G.Man - 12/12/05 at 04:57 PM

Nice job Colin

I know what a hassle that emmissions test is, so well done on sorting it..

marc n - 13/12/05 at 02:11 PM

pic of combined silencer and catalyst used for sva ( no heat wrapping applied yet ) Rescued attachment sva-cat-and-silencer.jpg
Rescued attachment sva-cat-and-silencer.jpg