Board logo

Front Brake Flexi Pipe Problem
smart51 - 30/10/05 at 03:56 PM

I finished building my car today. I've been looking it over and there is a problem. On full lock, the front brake flexi pipes foul on the cycle wing stays. The stays weren't fitted when I did the brakes as MNR were still waiting for the tube bending machine. There wasn't a problem then.

So I am going to have to move them. Where should the pipes come out of the bodywork so that they don't foul on anything?

JoelP - 30/10/05 at 06:26 PM

have you tried adding a little twist to the pipes? You can encourage them to bunch up in the right direction.

smart51 - 30/10/05 at 08:31 PM

The pipe comes out of the side panel at the same height as the cycle wing bracket goes into the wing so no amount of twist will fix it.

It will have to be moved, I just want to know where to move it to.

mnr laptop - 30/10/05 at 10:35 PM

hi colin mine are actually cable tied to the wingstay, they are protected with a small piece of rubber hose and then cable tied, been no probs at sva on this so far

best regards

marc

smart51 - 31/10/05 at 08:19 AM

Marc, any chance of a pic? Like I said, mine come out of the bodywork quite low and they touch the wing stay when the back of the wheel is turned into the body. They need to be moved and I would like to know where to put them.

marc n - 31/10/05 at 03:46 PM

yep will take one this evening for you when i take my car out of the truck

best regards

marc

smart51 - 1/11/05 at 07:06 PM

Marc, any luck getting the car out of the truck? What about taking the camera into the truck?

sorry to hastle you. Colin.

marc n - 2/11/05 at 09:24 AM

hi colin still hevent got the car out, got builders here at the mo and there are skips and vans everywhere, plus the fact there is no room in the workshop, have tried to take a pic in the truck this is the best of the attempts, its not too easy to get too as my car is on the lower deck but here goes Rescued attachment colin-green-hose.jpg
Rescued attachment colin-green-hose.jpg