Board logo

SVA- Anything ive missed??
Krismc - 10/4/09 at 06:28 PM

My sva is friday 17th april and ive got a few jobs to do like bleed brakes, bleed clutch etc etc which is all easy but ive got a few questions on some more tech bits and pieces which im not sure about?

MIRRORS.....

I need to fit my Mirrors now ive got a dipping center mirror(dash mounted) and some bike side mirrors- what should i use to know exactly where to put them?? what should i be able to see behind me?

SUSPENSION...

What height should my car sit, how much toe in toe out and camber etc (my cars a RT Plus inboard)

Any other SVA issues that i might have overlooked?

cheers kris

iain b - 10/4/09 at 06:50 PM

u can put the mirrors on during the test .just make sure they are sva compatable.radius.ride hieght ,front lower wish bones should be level across front of car.cant tell u any more as my car is at mnr

Krismc - 10/4/09 at 07:10 PM

Ill have to put them on now as ill have to make brackets for them.

cheers kris

iain b - 10/4/09 at 07:12 PM

no probs mate ...and good luck friday ..

richardh - 10/4/09 at 07:17 PM

have you got the manual?

rears heoght is slightly higher than the front.
front should show the lower wishbones as parallel to the ground when on the deck with tyres.

rear is about 25mm higher up

best to get it cornerweighted to be more accurate as this is only a guide.

they might not let you put mirrors on at test - so do some dont

toe out might be required for self centering 1.5mm all 4

tyre pressure about 36 to get you through

However, marc n has suggested setup wise 1 - 1.25 deg negative camber
and 1mm toe in each corner is a good safe setting,
tyres 16 psi front 18 rear

then corner weight it with you in it and fueled up as you would have it

hope this is a guide for you

jambo - 10/4/09 at 10:04 PM

i passed with them here. Rescued attachment sva ready dash.jpg
Rescued attachment sva ready dash.jpg

Krismc - 13/4/09 at 05:47 PM

Well ive only got a few hours for car now as im working the rest, so how about i toe out the front to 2 degrees and increase PSI to 36.

Any pics of brake bias bars locked off????

[Edited on 13/4/09 by Krismc]

richardh - 13/4/09 at 06:44 PM

drill it and nyloc it in place
beware though you may need to make it so you can adjust at test - i did an dmy sva man was very nice and let me adjust until it was fine then i locked it off

coozer - 13/4/09 at 07:09 PM

Kris, I pumped my fronts up to 40psi with toe out, just worked OK Sierra uprights tho not raceleda's...

Good luck mate

Steve

bassett - 13/4/09 at 09:15 PM

Hi Kris, locked off my bias bar at the weekend put a pic in my blog below. Locked the left clevis with a roll pin as its easy to drill then locked the right by fitting washer then a nyloc with a predrilled hole then drilled through the bar and tapped another pin in. Regarding self centreing etc i did the same as the manual and coozer slight toe out and 40psi forgot to even check in pre sva road tests but worked fine on the test.
All the best for the test
Adam

Krismc - 14/4/09 at 01:57 PM

Cool thanks, not sure if i can toe the wheels out, i cant get the car off the trailer as it rolls all over in my garage and aint got a helping hand, but im trying. plus i dont finish til 6 every night- hope fully i can get a flyer - roll it out then ask matty to come over late on and push it back on.

coozer - 14/4/09 at 03:12 PM

Its got an engine man, use that!

Krismc - 14/4/09 at 07:00 PM

your handbrake on the trailer doesnt work!! every time i drive it up i bust open the door on the garage when the trailer skips towards it.

My Bias bar has got my head done in, i need some pics of a locked on and how to adjust it, because i just aint sure.