Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: aaaahhh!
Mr Whippy

posted on 15/12/07 at 09:04 PM Reply With Quote
aaaahhh!

not working on the cars tonight cos my bike fell over got 20ft away just to hear a crash, thought I'd got away with it then saw my tank NO! blasted rains made the ground all soft.

oh well this gives me the chance to do it in candy red... Rescued attachment dent.JPG
Rescued attachment dent.JPG

Fame is when your old car is plastered all over the internet

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
worX

posted on 15/12/07 at 09:08 PM Reply With Quote
gutted!!
I worked at a bike shop and you never like hearing/seeing a bike fall over...

Luckily I never did it, but when you move 20 bikes twice a day, you can imagine it does happen.

What bike is it?

Confused but excited.

posted on 15/12/07 at 09:16 PM Reply With Quote
Oooh Poo!
Bummer mate.

Tell them about the bent treacle edges!

onzarob

posted on 15/12/07 at 09:20 PM Reply With Quote
owwh.

nasty bump

russbost

posted on 16/12/07 at 12:14 AM Reply With Quote
Gutted! For you
Do you remember the bike meeting, think it was at Brands where it got ridiculously hot the tarmac melted & dozens of bikes fell over in the car parks!

I no longer run Furore Products or Furore Cars Ltd, but would still highly recommend them for Acewell dashes, projector headlights, dominator headlights, indicators, mirrors etc, best prices in the UK! Take a look at http://www.furoreproducts.co.uk/ or find more parts on Ebay, user names furoreltd & furoreproducts, discounts available for LCB users.
Don't forget Stainless Steel Braided brake hoses, made to your exact requirements in any of around 16 colours. http://shop.ebay.co.uk/furoreproducts/m.html?_dmd=1&_ipg=50&_sop=12&_rdc=1

NOTE:This user is registered as a LocostBuilders trader and may offer commercial services to other users
skodaman

posted on 16/12/07 at 02:40 AM Reply With Quote
My NC30 jumped off it's stand a few times when parked on tarmac. Think it was caused by stiction in front forks and a useless sidestand that meant it was nearly vertical when parked. The last time it cracked the engine sidecase. Hairline crack about 4 inches long but needed a new casing.

Skodaman

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Peteff

posted on 16/12/07 at 10:31 AM Reply With Quote
What did it land on?

That's a fair old ding for a drop, it'll hold less petrol now . The dent man could push a lot of that back out but it's costly and filler does the job, just not as elegant. I dropped mine putting it on the centre stand with sludgy shoes but I was holding the handlebar and slowed it down so it only scraped the other handle weight when it landed. It did Irish Whip me though, quite funny to watch according to some.

yours, Pete

I went into the RSPCA office the other day. It was so small you could hardly swing a cat in there.

Mr Whippy

posted on 16/12/07 at 11:59 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Peteff
That's a fair old ding for a drop, it'll hold less petrol now . The dent man could push a lot of that back out but it's costly and filler does the job, just not as elegant. I dropped mine putting it on the centre stand with sludgy shoes but I was holding the handlebar and slowed it down so it only scraped the other handle weight when it landed. It did Irish Whip me though, quite funny to watch according to some.

Yes it's quite a dent; unfortunately it didn't fall on the handle bars, rather a badly placed bit of garden decoration, a bolder

Fame is when your old car is plastered all over the internet

oadamo

posted on 16/12/07 at 06:34 PM Reply With Quote
i droped mine when i pulled up at a juntion lol . i just lost my footing and all the cars started paping the horns lol.
adam

iank

posted on 17/12/07 at 09:27 AM Reply With Quote
NastyBe needing some of these or a locost equivalent. A patch of filler that deep and wide would likely fall out at some point.

--
Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level, then beat you with experience.
Anonymous

02GF74

posted on 19/12/07 at 10:38 AM Reply With Quote
apparently dents can be popped out using compressed air.

or just make a similar dent on other side so it looks symmetrical

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.