Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: 4'' headlights
pjavon

posted on 4/12/07 at 09:36 AM Reply With Quote
4'' headlights

Was someone on here selling the 105mm headlights?
I'm after a pair, any other sites apart from rally design sell them?
Thanks for any help
Paul

Always keep a big hammer and a condom in your toolbox, if you can't fix it with the hammer

dan__wright

posted on 4/12/07 at 09:51 AM Reply With Quote
got mine form ebay for about £65 for the pair.

FREE THE ROADSTER ONE…!!

stig mills

posted on 4/12/07 at 10:18 AM Reply With Quote
We have just purchased a batch for use on the MEV R2 pic www.mevltd.co.uk. Ours are without brackets and bolted together as a pair for bikes. I could sell you a pair at £60 with bulbs if thats any help but you will have to make brackets. Regards Stuart
View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
tul214

posted on 4/12/07 at 11:23 AM Reply With Quote
I got mine off e-bay for £45 +p&p and later found out the seller was Takumi on this site!

Nice bloke to deal with...sorted a postage problem for me.

1.6 Raw Super6 sold

takumi

posted on 4/12/07 at 12:20 PM Reply With Quote
L@@K for all those who missed out..

Hi all,

Sorry to say I have no more LEFT!! at all..

I have a pair for myself, and thats it and I'm keeping them..!

For those who missed out on the matt black dominators I was selling,

>Ive found some chrome dominators for £29.99 each +£6pp each , mine were abit cheaper, and cooler in Matt black

Also they have 4.5" Bates style for £28.75 +£5pp

http://www.tab-customs.com/page5.htm

half way down the page.!

these are great if you want to keep the classic look.

I was down at RAF Woodbridge on Sat (Javelin were doing a trackday there) to exchange some lights to someone, they have their car there -westy, and the difference compared to the 7" lights was massive, the westfield people claim 7mph in topspeed with 4" lights compared to 7".. thats quite a claim..?

[Edited on 4-12-07 by takumi]

RobinHood 2B 2.0i pinto, Keihin 38mm Carbs, lightened flywheel, O'Mori remote filter kit, 10 row oil cooler. Modified head, 10.2cr, special valves FR22 cam, 4- 1 header.

russbost

posted on 4/12/07 at 01:21 PM Reply With Quote
I have them available, in stock on my website at £69.95 a pair NO VAT, already separated, with separate wiring including bulbs, black or chrome. 10% discount to all Locosters
I shall be getting some suitable brackets shortly, hopefully in stainless steel.
Oh, almost forgot + £6 P & P
HTH

I no longer run Furore Products or Furore Cars Ltd, but would still highly recommend them for Acewell dashes, projector headlights, dominator headlights, indicators, mirrors etc, best prices in the UK! Take a look at http://www.furoreproducts.co.uk/ or find more parts on Ebay, user names furoreltd & furoreproducts, discounts available for LCB users.
Don't forget Stainless Steel Braided brake hoses, made to your exact requirements in any of around 16 colours. http://shop.ebay.co.uk/furoreproducts/m.html?_dmd=1&_ipg=50&_sop=12&_rdc=1

NOTE:This user is registered as a LocostBuilders trader and may offer commercial services to other users
smart51

posted on 4/12/07 at 02:30 PM Reply With Quote
Are these lights OK for MSVA?
takumi

posted on 4/12/07 at 02:48 PM Reply With Quote
What is MSVA? (motorcycles SVA?)

They are E-marked, and this is taken from the (Ithink) from the MSVA manual

quote:

Headlamps – dipped and main beam, both white; the dip pattern must be either kicked up to the left, a flat beam or else an alternative beam that “does not dazzle”.

The headlight pattern requirements for car SVA I think are the same for MSVA, so draw your own conclusions.

[Edited on 4-12-07 by takumi]

smart51

posted on 4/12/07 at 03:29 PM Reply With Quote
Unhelpfully ambiguous.

MSVA is Motorcycle SVA. The manual does allow flat, dipped and US-UK style dipped beams. I believe, from reading the manual, that if it has the correct E marks and the beam pattern is OK then then a light should pass SVA.

These particular lights are E marked. What E mark do they have? Presumably they must have passed some sort of test with some sort of vehicle in mind.

russbost

posted on 4/12/07 at 05:03 PM Reply With Quote
The ones I have in stock are marked "E4", they have a flat dipped beam, to the very best of my knowledge they should pass MSVA without a problem, I do know of people who have got them thro mainstream SVA, but I also know of people who have failed, for this reason I sell them as "off road & track use".HTH

I no longer run Furore Products or Furore Cars Ltd, but would still highly recommend them for Acewell dashes, projector headlights, dominator headlights, indicators, mirrors etc, best prices in the UK! Take a look at http://www.furoreproducts.co.uk/ or find more parts on Ebay, user names furoreltd & furoreproducts, discounts available for LCB users.
Don't forget Stainless Steel Braided brake hoses, made to your exact requirements in any of around 16 colours. http://shop.ebay.co.uk/furoreproducts/m.html?_dmd=1&_ipg=50&_sop=12&_rdc=1

NOTE:This user is registered as a LocostBuilders trader and may offer commercial services to other users
smart51

posted on 4/12/07 at 06:34 PM Reply With Quote
I've just re-read the MSVA manual. Unbodied bikes have a simple requirement:

1) does not kick up to the right.
2) does not dip to the right.
3) does not dazzle.

Bodied 3 and 4 wheelers have to meet specific beam patterns. Either the usual 15° kick up to the left when dipped, or meet the British American beam patterns for both dipped and main beams.

The dipped beam pattern (below) is higher on the left than the right. A completely level beam cut off is not permitted, it seams. Rescued attachment Dipped Beam002.jpg
Rescued attachment Dipped Beam002.jpg

russbost

posted on 4/12/07 at 08:29 PM Reply With Quote
So ok for ordinary MSVA but not for a full bodied vehicle for \MSVA.
Guess that's why I sell them for off-road use - there is a simple trick to get them thro' the MoT, but unfortunately not SVA.

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.